pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Yes, which Liiros sees as Hollister avoiding conflict with the fiend, using harmless tricks. I was only presenting Liiros' attitude IC. Remember that Liiros is a religious zealot; fiends are to be destroyed without hesitation or equivocation, and that means hacking, stabbing, smashing, or blasting, in his mind. Anything I don't put into OOC blocks is purely in-character RP.

OOC: Cool! Hopefully Hollister will be able to do more "blasting" of fiends now that everything won't be immune to fire damage. :)

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
The seela slowly gather around you, apparently still wary of the now-very-dead monster. They seem more overwhelmed than anything, but Tiljann and Papuvin still mange to hug or shake hands (respectively) with all of you. After a short while they drift away in small groups. Some go back to their homes while others begin exploring the remains of the forest. Papuvin presents you with a large purse full of assorted coinage. He says the seela have accumulated it over many years and never had a use for it.

You collect your things and head back to the dryad's tree. It's gone. No charcoaled branch, no stump, not even a pile of ash. It's pleasantly calm, though. Despite your individual desires, you all spend nearly half and hour enjoying the silence, and you leave refreshed.

You travel up along the shore of the White River. Already the exposed shore seems a little more damp than when you last walked on it. You take a break for lunch under the bridge over the river with the watchtower. By evening you've reached the waterfall-fed pool where you met Nelle. Like the seela, the unicorn looks healthier. You explain when you did and he thanks you profusely for saving his forest. Of the 18 forever-burning elves he was watching over, he says he managed to save eight. You spend a quiet night, cool night on the shore of Nelle's pool.

The next day you walk back to the watchtower bridge. Along the way it's obvious the White River is beginning to grow back to its original size. At the bridge you get back on the elfroad. By the end of the day you leave the not-quite-Indomitable, no longer on Fire, barely-alive Forest of Innenotdar.

[sblock=ooc]The money from Papuvin comes out to 2500gp per person.
I'll start a new thread soon and link to it from this post.
[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“That was one hard piece of work, hopefully the rest of our journey will be less exhausting,” Lytha says, not believing one bit into that latter part.

Rhun

First Post
"Indeed," says Hollister, as he looks about the returning forest. "A most interesting phenomenon to be sure, and one I am glad that I got the chance to experience, despite the dangers. Still, I'm looking forward to the prospect of facing a threat that is not mostly immune to my chosen school of study."

Remove ads