pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“That one again...” Lytha says, not waiting long before sending a ray of lightning against the devil.

OOC: Manifesting a Lightning Ray with 4 PP.

Not sure, if a Power Resistance roll is needed, I will just roll one. Also, if it has metal armor, the attack roll is +3.

Lytha uses her Blade of the Resistance feat (since the devil has damaged us before), for +2 damage against him for this encounter (damage bonus already included as is Point Blank Shot).

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Shaylir is greeted as she exits the lake by a joyful Fritz. The fox acts almost like a puppy as he bonds up and down until Shaylir kneels and hugs him. "They did it Fritz! They..." she starts to say and then the devil arrives to ruin her jubilation.

Lytha strikes quickly and that gets the halfling's little feet moving. "Here," she says moving to Arshen "this will help you to send him away."

[sblock=Actions]Move: to where Arshen is standing
Standard: CAst Bull's Strength on Arshen. [/sblock]

[Sblock=OOC] by the time she reaches shore here Detect Magic and Pro Evil will have only a few rounds left (5-6 I think, but DM's call)[/Sblock]

[sblock=stats]
HP: 26/26
AC: 19 (21 vs Evil)
Init: +3
Fort: +7
Reflex: +5
Will: +8(+9)

Dagger = +3 to hit, (+2 BAB, +1 size) - 1d3/19-20x2

Spells:
Druid
0- Create Water (2/2), Guidance, Detect Magic
1- Stand the Heat, Cure Light Wounds (2/2) - 1d8+4
2- Resist Energy, Bull's Strength, Cure Light Wounds - 1d8+4

Cleric
0- Mending, Resistance, Read Magic
1- Bless, Protection from Evil, Cure Light Wounds(d)- 1d8+2

Pearl of power (1st lvl): unused
Turn undead: 4/4
Speak with Animals: 0/1
Vow of Healing: 4/4 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel

Liiros breathes a sigh of relief as Indomitability vanishes, and finishes swimming ashore before raising a cheer. He's still surprised he managed to swim so much at once and in such conditions without drowning, given how rarely he's been swimming before.

His smile upon coming ashore is quickly soured and turned to a frown by the appearance of the familiar greenish fiend.......

"No! We have had enough of you, demon! By Corellon's holy name I will slay you here or send you running like the opportunistic coward you are!" the elven crusader shouts back, raising Anyariel's wooden sword high and reaching for his shield, to strap it onto his forearm. There was no time to don his heavy armor. Only Corellon's grace and his companions' aid would protect Liiros in this fight.

[sblock=ooc]Wish I had noticed the weekend activity and posted then, but I'm super-busy on weekends running 3 campaigns and usually getting stuck dog-sitting one or two spazzy terriers at the same time.

Anyway, Liiros straps on his shield and holds the wooden sword, striding out of the water if he can, towards the bearded fiend. I think Liiros had his shield strapped to his back before he swam out, so it should still be on his person, not picked up off the ground. I'll double-check.

Initiative 14
1d20+1=14

Rolled 5, 3, and 1 for granted maneuvers, receiving Stone Bones, Mountain Hammer, and Charging Minotaur. At least Liiros should be on ground again and able to use Stone Dragon maneuvers once more.
1d5=5, 1d5=3, 1d5=1, 1d5=5, 1d5=5, 1d5=2

Liiros assumes his Iron Guard's Glare stance, to provide whatever little protection he can for Hollister or others taking up positions next to him.

Liiros' Status:
HP 32 / 32
AC 13, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (currently unarmored, but with shield equipped)
Bull's Strength currently active from Torrent
Active Stance: Iron Guard's Glare
Granted Maneuvers: Charging Minotaur, Mountain Hammer, Stone Bones
Ready Maneuvers: Crusader's Strike (2), Shield Block (4), Charging Minotaur (1), Stone Bones (5), Mountain Hammer (3)
* Maneuvers are numbered alphabetically for rolling granted inspiration
Other Features: Furious Counterstrike (1-9: +1; 10-14: +2), Steely Resolve 10, Indomitable Soul, Zealous Surge 1/day, Vital Recovery feat 1/encounter[/sblock]

Last edited:

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Lytha blasts a bolt of lightning at the monster. It tries and fails to resist the magical bolt and is instead scorched for 18 points of damage.

Hollister summons grease under the creature, but it manages to keep its footting.

Liiros readies his shield and steps forward, putting himself between the monster and the party.

Shaylir casts a spell on Arshen, giving him the strength of a bull.

Arshen carefully maneuvers around the grease on the ground and the monster's wicked glaive. He throws a kick at the monster's knee. It connects, but the monster ignores most of the 7 points of damage.

Torrent calls on Osprem to bless the party and then steps up next to Liiros. "I'm so sick of this guy," she says.

The monster shuffles out of the grease and away from Arshen. "Nice try, mortals, but I've bested better than you." He hacks into Liiros with his glaive for 15 points of damage. He looks wild-eyed and ferocious now that the battle has begun.

Now everyone can go again.

[sblock=ooc]No one is adjacent to the monster. Arshen will have to move around the grease to get into melee with it. Liiros and Torrent are also in the front, while Lytha and Hollister are a little farther back.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

Lytha maneuvers to avoid having her allies in the way of her attack, and strikes again with a ray of lightning.

OOC: Moving to avoid cover; manifesting a Lightning Ray with 4 PP.

Fogot to include the -4 for firing into melee, but that won't really change the result, I guess (the 11 probably doesn't hit, anyways, and the natural 20 does either way).

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel

Liiros reels from the fiend's slashing blade, as it cuts deep into his shoulder, but he remains standing and grits his teeth. However, try as he might, the elven warrior just can't recover fast enough, and his retaliatory slash after a quick lunge comes up well short. Seething with fury, the elf snarls out "You'll pay for that, fiend!" followed by a quick glance back and the words "A little help, please?" directed at Torrent as he bleeds.

[sblock=OOC]Steely Resolve delays 10 of the damage until after Liiros' turn, so he gains +2 to attack and damage this round with Furious Counterstrike, which I'll factor into my rolls. I assume Liiros can get within melee reach in a 5-foot step? Liiros will try striking with the wooden sword first and see if it does as much damage as he hopes, otherwise he'll have to switch to his silvered short sword next round.....

Rolled 3 and 2 for new granted maneuver, so Crusader's Strike since he already had Mountain Hammer granted.
1d5=3, 1d5=2, 1d5=2, 1d5=3, 1d5=3

Liiros takes a 5-foot step and initiates a Crusader's Strike against the fiend..........and the dicebot says 'screw Liiros'. -_- 13 to-hit, for 13 damage if that were to succeed by some miracle, and 10 HP healed for Liiros if that somehow works. Since there's no way the fiend has 13 AC, and he hasn't slipped on the Grease or anything, I'm assuming this fails and Liiros wastes his turn. Unless the wooden sword has some significant bonus to-hit or the like, since I don't know its stats.
1d20+8+2+1=13, 1d8+4+2=13, 1d6+4=10

Liiros will delay damage again if he gets hit again, but hopefully Torrent will heal him a bit soon. Liiros won't likely recover any HP on his own for another 2 turns.

Liiros' Status:
HP 17 / 32
AC 13, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (currently unarmored, but with shield equipped)
Bless and Bull's Strength currently active from Torrent
Active Stance: Iron Guard's Glare
Granted Maneuvers: Charging Minotaur, Mountain Hammer, Stone Bones, Crusader's Strike*EXPENDED
Ready Maneuvers: Crusader's Strike (2), Shield Block (4), Charging Minotaur (1), Stone Bones (5), Mountain Hammer (3)
* Maneuvers are numbered alphabetically for rolling granted inspiration
Other Features: Furious Counterstrike (1-9: +1; 10-14: +2), Steely Resolve 10, Indomitable Soul, Zealous Surge 1/day, Vital Recovery feat 1/encounter[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I'll help!" Shaylir says moving up and behind Liiros. She prays to The Green Man to help her and her companions against this new evil. When the glow starts around her small holy symbol she reaches out and gives Liiros her healing touch.

Fritiz follows and tries to protect Shaylir should the creature attack her.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to one square behind Liiros
Standard: cast cure light (1d8+4 = 8)

Fritiz will aid another to up Shaylir's AC should it be needed.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 26/26
AC: 19 (21 vs Evil)
Init: +3
Fort: +7
Reflex: +5
Will: +8(+9)

Dagger = +3 to hit, (+2 BAB, +1 size) - 1d3/19-20x2

Spells:
Druid
0- Create Water (2/2), Guidance, Detect Magic
1- Stand the Heat, Cure Light Wounds (1/2) - 1d8+4
2- Resist Energy, Bull's Strength, Cure Light Wounds - 1d8+4

Cleric
0- Mending, Resistance, Read Magic
1- Bless, Protection from Evil, Cure Light Wounds(d)- 1d8+2

Pearl of power (1st lvl): unused
Turn undead: 4/4
Speak with Animals: 0/1
Vow of Healing: 4/4 [/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Hollister continues to back further away from the devil, and again summons the forces of the arcane. A burst of glittering, shimmering particles explodes in the air, catching the devil with its blast.

AC16, HP 20/21

We're not using a map, so let me know if this can be accomplished pneumatik:

Cast glitterdust on devil, centered so that the burst only catches the enemy. Will save vrs DC 17 or be blinded 4 rounds.

Magical Effects Active
Mage Armor, 4 hour duration
Resist Energy: Fire (on Lyra), 40 minute duration (35+ remaining ?)

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
- Level 0: Detect Magic x2, Ray of Frost x2 + (d) Flare
- Level 1: Mage Armor x2, magic Missile, grease + (d) Burning Hands
- Level 2: Web, Resist Energy, Glitterdust x2 + (d) Scorching Ray[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Lytha maneuvers for a clear shot and zaps the monster with lightning again.

Liiros steps up and swings the wooden sword at the monster, but it easily dodges.

Shaylir summons healing energies to Liiros, healing him for 8 points of damage.

Hollister summons glittering dust around the monster. It blinks and rubs its eyes as it looks around without comprehension.

Arshen moves around the grease on the ground and throws a punch at the monster's head. It drops.

Torrent steps up to the unmoving glittered body and gives it a swift kick. "Ha! Now I think we're done here."

Last edited:

Remove ads