pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
The flaming stag barrels past Lytha and Hollister. Once ashore it lowers its head and gores the closest seela. He shakes his head and a steaming spray of blood covers everyone nearby.

"You have my thanks for freeing me, but do not try to stand in my way," says a voice in your head that you somehow know to be the stag. It overwhelms your thoughts and demands your attention. "I am Indomitability. I have been trapped for far too long by these fey and their song. I will leave you all be if they stop singing, but I shall not stand around waiting for them to stop."

Two of the singing seela are so shocked from the carnage that they stop singing. Seven seela remain singing: three in the stone tower and Tiljann, Papuvin, and two others on the ground on the shore.

[sblock=ooc]Everyone in the party "hears" Indomitability.

If anyone tries to convince the seela or Indomitability to do anything please roll diplomacy or intimidation as appropriate.

Shaylir is 60 feet from the shore.
Liiros, Torrent, and Arshen are 40 feet from the shore.[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"No!" Shaylir cries as the fire stag kills one of the singing seela. "No stop! Please stop," she cries out. "Give us a chance to talk to them. You have been trapped for so long a few more minutes should not matter. We freed you and we will get you released from your form as well."

Shaylir swims harder though it doesn't help much. "Please just don't kill anyone else."

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

Lytha turns to the seela, who are still performing their Song of Forms.

“Stop singing! It is the only way for you to survive this! It is the only way to put an end to this! Stop singing!”

Rhun

First Post
Hollister adds his voice to that of the others, calling to the Seela. "If you value your lives, stop the singing NOW!"

AC20, HP 21/21

Magical Effects Active
Mage Armor, 4 hour duration
Resist Energy: Fire (on Lyra), r 11 of 400
Shield, r 10 of 10

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"Yes! They're right, everyone. Stop. Stop! Stop singing! Papuvin, they saved my life. Trust them. Everyone, trust them." Tiljann speaks passionately to the three other singing seela on the ground. They stop singing.

Indomitability runs around the village, going everywhere and looking at everything. The seela all back away from its flaming form.

To the three seela in the stone tower still singing, Papuvin says, "Tiljann is right. We cannot defeat Indomitability any more now than we could forty years ago. Her companions are our Anyariel now. Her bravery then only put Indomitability into abeyance. Today that ends. Today we shall become free through Indomitability's freedom." The seela's singing falters, then stops.

The silence is palpable.

Mid step, Indomitability vanishes in a swirl of flame.

The seela look at each other apprehensively. The forest fire crackles around you.

Then light pierces through the smoke above the lake as a mighty wind sweeps across you. The forest fire roars, and then the flames sputter and die. For a moment the trees threaten to crack and fall, but ever so faintly, life returns to them. Though injured and weak, none fall. It is possible to believe that, given time, the forest will heal. The constant thrum of the raging inferno is gone, replaced by the dim sound of leaves rustling in the wind.

Laughter and and gasps of amazement come up from the villagers. Like the forest itself, the seela look ever so slightly more alive, their skin no longer ashen, their eyes less sunken.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"WOO-HOO!" Shaylir cries taking a small fist and hitting the water of the lake causing a splash. "You did it! You saved everyone! Just like The Green Man showed me you would."

Shaylir paddles into shore a smile on her face that just won't go away.

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

Lytha watches in amazement, how the fires die down and the forest slowly returns to life, all the time wondering, where this entity - Indomitability - will be headed now. It wasn't really victory over this entity, more like a truce. Hopefully, it would keep to its part of it.

Rhun

First Post
Hollister nods as he watches the events unfold, happy that his hunch proved correct. Still, he would be happy when this place was behind them, despite his love of the flames. Still, he was a bit disheartened that Indomitability had apparently not come through on his end of the bargain, the power that he had promised them.

With a shrug, the wizard turns to his companions. "So, who has the ale? Shouldn't this be a celebration?"

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
The party finishes swimming to shore as the seela start to gather around. But before you can even finish shaking hands a familiar green-skinned adversary appears nearby in a blossom of fire. A tattered brown cloak whips about this mansized creature’s scaled body. It has the face of a commanding, honest man, but its flesh is green, its eyes glow with infernal fire, and its thick beard writhes and bites like a nest of vipers. Barely visible under its beard is a thick metal collar attached to a length of limply dangling chain. The powerful being stands tall, and wields a blood-stained saw-bladed glaive. It only has four fingers on its left hand, and a scaled, dessicated pinky finger hangs on a cord around its neck.

"Impressive, mortals. Now hand over the scroll case contents or I will kill you," it says. "No more talking, just fighting."

The seela begin to scurry away as the swimmer realize they haven't had a chance to even pick up what they left on the shore, let alone leave put armor back on.

Everyone roll initiative. If you get higher than a 5 also take your action. The creature is perhaps 20 feet away from the closest party members.

[sblock=Hollister]At some point during the last few minutes you took 1 point of fire damage on your finger around your magical ring.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]With just one enemy and plenty of room I see no need for a map. Assume you have plenty of room around the medium-sized creature you're fighting.

If swimmers want to grab anything, it'll take a full round. For the time to don armor after you grab it, see the SRD. You can get a seela to help you with it if you want.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Hollister steps back out of range of the devil, back behind Liiros. With a quick gesture and some words in the arcane tongue, the wizard summons a patch of magical lubricant beneath the devil's feet.

AC16, HP 20/21

Cast grease, Reflex save vrs DC 14 or fall

Magical Effects Active
Mage Armor, 4 hour duration
Resist Energy: Fire (on Lyra), 40 minute duration (35+ remaining ?)

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
- Level 0: Detect Magic x2, Ray of Frost x2 + (d) Flare
- Level 1: Mage Armor x2, magic Missile, grease + (d) Burning Hands
- Level 2: Web, Resist Energy, Glitterdust x2 + (d) Scorching Ray[/sblock]

Remove ads