pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Why is he headed towards the village?" Shaylir shouts to the others as she slowly falls behind.

[sblock=Actions]Swim 10' per round (taking 10) so Shaylir reaches shore round 10. [/sblock]

[Sblock=OOC] I would summon another dolphin but I have (and thus Shaylir does to by default :p) a bad feeling about this, and think I should keep the spells left handy.

Also by the time she reaches shore here Detect Magic and Pro Evil will have only a few rounds left (5-6 I think, but DM's call)[/Sblock]

[sblock=stats]
HP: 26/26
AC: 19 (21 vs Evil)
Init: +3
Fort: +7
Reflex: +5
Will: +8(+9)

Dagger = +3 to hit, (+2 BAB, +1 size) - 1d3/19-20x2

Spells:
Druid
0- Create Water (2/2), Guidance, Detect Magic
1- Stand the Heat, Cure Light Wounds (2/2) - 1d8+4
2- Resist Energy, Bull's Strength, Cure Light Wounds - 1d8+4

Cleric
0- Mending, Resistance, Read Magic
1- Bless, Protection from Evil, Cure Light Wounds(d)- 1d8+2

Pearl of power (1st lvl): unused
Turn undead: 4/4
Speak with Animals: 0/1
Vow of Healing: 4/4 [/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Hollister steps boldly in front of the Fire Stag as it emerges from the lake, his loaded crossbow in hands, but not aimed in a threatening manner. "Indomitability, you are free, as per our agreement." Suddenly, the fire mage remembers Idomitability's words from their first meeting. "You intend to slay the Seela, and silence their song," he states flatly. "Let us speak to them instead. Let us resolve this peacefully."

AC20, HP 21/21

Magical Effects Active
Mage Armor, 4 hour duration
Resist Energy: Fire (on Lyra), r 9 of 400
Shield, r 8 of 10

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
- Level 0: Detect Magic x2, Ray of Frost x2 + (d) Flare
- Level 1: Mage Armor x2, magic Missile, grease + (d) Burning Hands
- Level 2: Web, Resist Energy, Glitterdust x2 + (d) Scorching Ray[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

Lytha accompanies Hollister, as he moves to intercept the stag from where he will emerge from the lake. Keeping her mind focused, and her ice rays ready, she waits for a reaction.

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel, Crusader of Corellon Larethian

Liiros keeps swimming for shore, but calls out "Maybe the seela should stop singing the Song of Forms!?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Wha?" Shaylir says hearing Liiros and then watching as he swims past the slower moving halfling.

"The Song? It is to keep the stag trapped. But the stag isn't... Yes they should stop. Stop! Stop singing!" she calls as she tries to reach the shore and find Tiljann.

Rhun

First Post
Hearing his companions shouting, Hollister nods and takes a step closer to the Fire Stag. "Wait here with me, and my companions will stop the Seela's song."

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
The stag swims towards the shore. In front of it Hollister and Lytha ready themselves for its arrival, its flaming eyes locked into theirs. Behind it Liiros, Arshen, Torrent, and Shaylir swim after it, slowly falling behind.

Liiros and Shaylir start calling for the seela to stop singing the Song of Forms. "What? No, we must sing," Papuvin shouts back. He's glided down to the beach from his cave. "Without the song Indomitablity will be formless, free to possess us or the forest. It will destroy us and our home at it's leisure." He turns to the other seela. "Sing! Sing for hearth and home, for heart and health, for hope and healing! Sing!"

Around 25 feet from the shore the lake is shallow enough that the stag stops swimming and starts running. The deep water keeps it from accelerating, but it presents a better target.

[sblock=actions]So the stag is one round (25 feet) out. Lytha, make your attack. Hollister, I'm assuming you're readying something, too. Once you two go it'll probably charge into one of you or the other, depending on what you do to it.

Shaylir is 70 feet from the shore.
Liiros, Torrent, and Arshen are 55 feet from the shore.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Hollister continues to stand his ground. The mage is determined not to attack the Fire Stag, unless it attacks him or his companions first. The wizard again speaks to the fiery creature, this time switching languages in hopes of making the thing understand him.

[sblock=IGNAN]"We have released you Indomitability. Calm yourself, and wait here, and my companions will get the Seela to end their song. There is no need for further conflict."[/sblock]

AC20, HP 21/21

Ready action: 5' step back and attack w/ crossbow (cold iron bolt) +4 for 1d8 (crit 19-20) [ONLY if the Fire Stag attacks Hollister of his companions. That does NOT extend to it attacking the Seela.]

Magical Effects Active
Mage Armor, 4 hour duration
Resist Energy: Fire (on Lyra), r 10 of 400
Shield, r 9 of 10

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros keeps swimming, as there's not much else he can do yet......he only hopes the fire-stag doesn't destroy the seela before he can get there and intervene. The poor fools didn't realize that they were probably about to be slaughtered just because they wouldn't stop singing for a few moments.

Remove ads