Media [Podcast] The Imp and Ogre - A Podcast about Adventures

Fanguar

Explorer
The world of table top role-playing games is filled with decades of published adventures. At The Imp and Ogre we aim to slog through them one by one, so you don't have to. Learn about the classics, and not so classics, what works, what doesn't and what makes them great. We focus mostly on fantasy and mostly D&D, but we are always expanding. Updates every Tuesday.

Basically it's a book club of RPG adventures. It's a super niche product, but if you are looking for an interesting adventure to run, or just for ideas to steal for your own creations, if might be for you.

This week we covered 'Under Illefarn', which is just fantastic. Easily one of the best 1st level adventures I've come across and super easy to convert to 5e.

If that sounds like something you might be into, you can find us in most of the usual places (itunes, google play, spotify, etc). We also upload to youtube if that is more your thing (it's just the audio after first few episodes). Our main feed can be found at Podbean.

Thanks for the interest and I hope you check us out.

Fanguar

Explorer
The Imp and Ogre is back again with another adventure dissection. This week we discuss the 2e D&D adventure 'The City of Skulls' by Carl Sargent

The adventure has the PCs infiltrating deep into enemy held territory and orchestrating a daring prison break. They must face demon jailers, death squads and worse as they try to escape back to friendly territory with their VIP. Lots of great stuff to talk about, so why not take a listen?

You can find us in most of usual places (itunes, google play, spotify, etc). We also upload to youtube if that is more your thing (it's just the audio after first few episodes). Our main feed can be found at Podbean.

Fanguar

Explorer
[FONT=&quot]This week we begin our take on the 3.5e D&D classic 'The Red Hand of Doom' by James Jacobs and Richard Baker. This week we cover parts 1-3.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The banner of the Red Hand has been raised and the hobgoblin tribes are massing for an all out attack on Elsir vale. Can the PCs slow the army's progress and rally the vale's defenses in time to save its people? Wildly considered to be one of the best adventures of all time, but is it really?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You can find us in most of the usual places (itunes, google play, spotify, etc). We also upload to youtube if that is more your thing (it's just the audio after first few episodes). Our main feed can be found at Podbean. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for the interest and I hope you check us out. [/FONT]

Fanguar

Explorer
[FONT=&quot]This week on the podcast, we finish our analysis of the 3.5e D&D classic 'The Red Hand of Doom' by James Jacobs and Richard Baker. This week we cover parts 4 and 5. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Despite the PCs best efforts to halt its progress, the army of the Red Hand marches on the city of Brindol. The PCs must help to defend the city and, assuming they win the day, halt the opening of a portal to summon Tiamat herself. The adventure ends with the PCs facing overwhelming odds. It's exciting, but can they be overcome? Take a listen to hear our take [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You can find us in most of the usual places (itunes, google play, spotify, etc). We also upload to youtube if that is more your thing (it's just the audio after first few episodes). Our main feed can be found at Podbean. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for the interest and I hope you check us out. [/FONT]

Fanguar

Explorer
This week on the podcast we discuss Carnival of Tears a Pathfinder adventure by Nicolas Logue and Tim Hitchcock.

Dark fey have corrupted a local winter fair and have turned into a carnival of horrors. Bewitched by fell magics, the townsfolk can't see the danger around them as they gleefully march to their doom. Can the PCs break the spell and save the day? Have a listen to hear our take. This one gets pretty dark folks.

You can find us in most of the usual places (itunes, google play, spotify, etc). We also upload to youtube if that is more your thing (it's just the audio after first few episodes). Our main feed can be found at Podbean.

Fanguar

Explorer
This week on the podcast we discuss Bastion of Broken Souls, a third edition D&D adventure by Bruce Cordell.

This is a high level capstone adventure. A ancient red dragon is eating the souls of the unborn to continue its wicked existence. The PCs must discover this and put an end to its villainy. Along the way you get to fight flying triceratops and kill a former deity. It's pretty wild.

You can find us in most of the usual places (itunes, google play, spotify, etc). We also upload to youtube if that is more your thing (it's just the audio after first few episodes). Our main feed can be found at Podbean.

Fanguar

Explorer
This week on the podcast we discuss I6 Ravenloft, the classic first edition D&D adventure by Tracy and Laura Hickman.

One of the most famous classic D&D adventures out there. Can the PCs save the lands of Barovia from the malevolent predations of their cruel vampire lord the one, the only Count Strahd von Zarovich. Castle Ravenloft is quite the deadly dungeon and Strahd is about as iconic as it gets. It's pretty great.

Fanguar

Explorer
This week on the podcast we discuss The God That Crawls, a Lamentations of a Flame Princess adventure by by James Edward Raggi IV.

Trapped in an forgotten oubliette full of strange and dangerous magical artifacts seal, the PC are hunted by a amorphous abomination that will not die. Can the party find an exit before they are overcome by the crawling doom that stalks them in the dark. Listen in to hear the full run down.

Fanguar

Explorer
This week on the podcast we discuss Tomb of Horrors, the classic 1e D&D adventure by by Gary Gygax.

The granddaddy of all death trap dungeons, Tomb of Horrors is often considered to be one of the best D&D adventures of all time. Venturing into a long forgotten tomb filled with deadly traps and devious puzzles, the PCs seek out the demi-lich Acererak. Can they survive and put an end to Acererak's evil forever? Listen in to hear if we think it is worth all the hype.

Fanguar

Explorer
This week on the podcast we discuss Burnt Offerings, a 1e pathfinder adventure by James Jacobs.

This adventure kicks off the Rise of the Runelords adventure path, the first, and some might say the best, pathfinder AP. Something is afoot in the town of Sandpoint! When goblins attack the city during the Swallowtail festival it kicks off an investigation that leads the PCs to investigate ancient ruins and stumble upon a plot to destroy the town. This adventure also introduces the pathfinder Goblins, which are comedic and murderous all at once, a pretty great combination.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases