Poetry Domain

LesserSky

First Post
Poetry Domain
Deities: Valessa, Phyrah, Ulura

Granted Power: You gain the divine inspiration of the muses. Once per day you may add your cleric level as a sacred bonus to one perform check.

Add all peform skills to your list of cleric class skills.

Poetry Domain Spells
1 Hypnotism
2 Enthrall
3 Heroism
4 Good Hope
5 Song of Discord
6 Sympathetic Vibration
7 Irresistible Dance
8 Crown Of Glory
9 Wail of the Banshee

-----------------------------------------

Deities of music inspire their clerics with whispers of love and madness. While incapable of matching the truly inspiring works of the bards, Cleric followers of these gods can channel moments of divine art.

Phyrah is an obvious match to this domain. Valessa as the patron of the fey also works very well. Ulurra is not quite as good as a match and depending on the comments of the forum may be removed

B4cchus

Explorer
Looks great! The spells fit the domain fine and the domain power too. Do we have divine bards here in LEW? For them that domain ability could turn out very very usefull..

Anyway, here is a first YES

LesserSky

First Post
So far there is one yes vote for the proposal, and no negative comments. Does anyone else want to weigh in? What do the other judges think?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I do like the idea, but I think Song of Discord, Sympathetic Vibration, and Irresistible Dance are a mite too powerful for their levels.

Song of Discord is a Brd5 spell, and Brd5 is approximately equal to Sor/Wiz6. Song of Discord might be called a "mass confuse" spell, and Sor/Wiz6 is where all those mass spells become available. I'd say move it up to the L6 Poetry slot.

Sympathetic Vibration, while very specialized, is still on par with other Sor/Wiz7 spell effects. At level 11 (when he gets the spell with the Poetry domain), a cleric could take down an entire building. Since cleric spells are meant to be less flashy than Sor/Wiz spells, I'd say it's too strong where it is. It should be moved to the L7 Poetry slot

And Irresistible Dance is a Sor/Wiz 8 spell. It definitely belongs in the L8 Poetry slot.

So, I suggest knocking Crown of Glory out, moving those three up one slot each, and finding a new spell for level 4. (Any Brd3, Wiz/Sor 4, or Clr 4 spell that fits the theme would be appropriate.)

B4cchus

Explorer
Good points Rae, I overlooked the actual level slots. I agree with your suggested changes. I suggest tongues as a 4th level spell, since i would be nice if you could share your poetry in any language...

Trouvere

Explorer
Isn't it a new 5th level spell that's needed?

1 Hypnotism
2 Enthrall
3 Heroism
4 Good Hope
6 Song of Discord (up from 5th)
7 Sympathetic Vibration (up from 6th)
8 Irresistible Dance (up from 7th)
9 Wail of the Banshee

Legend Lore (Brd4, Sor/Wiz 6) might fit, but that would overshadow the Knowledge domain, which only gets it as a 7th. Perhaps Commune with Nature (Drd5), or Dream (Brd 5, Sor/Wiz 5)?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quite right, sorry about that!

I don't like Legend Lore in the L5 slot, for much the same reasons that I didn't like the others. Dream would be a fine choice.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases