Point Black Shot + Rapid Shot apply to whips?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Huh.

I wonder.

According to those rules, if you had a longspear and were backed into a corner with someone attacking you 5' away... could you Whirlwind Attack and hit him? :)

The feat lets you make a melee attack against each opponent within 5 feet by giving up your regular attacks... :)

-Hyp.

reapersaurus

First Post
MeanGenes said:
Do the PBS and RS feats apply to the whip/whip dagger? The feat descriptions say that they act on all ranged weapons, so I don't see why not. If this is true, combining those feats with the Lasher prestige class makes that class insanely powerful IMO.
Well, I'd think the Lasher's abilities that give it 2 more attacks per round would be more powerful. :)

Actually, any reason why not to include Ranger to get 2-whip fighting?

Crothian

First Post
Just another great greay area. we need to make the Grey pages where we list all these little things until we get a decive answer. I'd rule no against cleave and whirlwind attack with the whip.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Re: Re: Point Black Shot + Rapid Shot apply to whips?

Actually, any reason why not to include Ranger to get 2-whip fighting?

Remember the Heavy Crossbow rule, though. Ambi applies, 2WF doesn't, for ranged weapons.

-Hyp.

Thanee

First Post
Orco42 said:
I've got a lasher in my party. He is pretty nasty. The only feat I did not let him get is Far Shot.

By the rules it is legal but I just don't know how you could explane that your whip gets longer when you get the feat. ;)

Only the range increment is increased, not the special maximum range (which is usually a multiple of the range increment, and therefore increases indirectly with Far Shot) of the whip, which is fixed to 15' per the description.

So, Far Shot is of no use for a whip wielder.

Bye
Thanee

Crothian

First Post
Thanee said:

Only the range increment is increased, not the special maximum range (which is usually a multiple of the range increment, and therefore increases indirectly with Far Shot) of the whip, which is fixed to 15' per the description.

So, Far Shot is of no use for a whip wielder.

Bye
Thanee

I'm not familiar with whips, but is there any reason you couldn't have a longer whip?

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Crothian said:
I'm not familiar with whips, but is there any reason you couldn't have a longer whip?

Well, I don't use whips, but I'd imagibne that a 10-15' whip (like the D&D standard whip) would be quite hard to wield already. Add another 5-10 feet and I'd imagine it would border on impossible...

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...

See? Thanee agrees with me, so I must be right :)

-Hyp.

Remove ads