Point Blank Shot/Precise Shot???

Hi all,

I know if a character uses a weapon that has multiple to hit rolls with each individual attack bonus roll (i.e. shuriken, scourge, et al) that the character only gets to apply her sneak attack and/or strength damage to one of the separate hit rolls (the others just being along for the ride).

Question 1: What about point blank shot's bonus and precise shot's penalty removal?

Question 2: What if the same character was a caster using Lesser Acid Orb (or Acid Orb) and shooting at multiple targets within the 30 feet range to qualify for the feat's bonus?

Thanks,

We now return you to your regularly scheduled propaganda.

loviatarfrostbringer

Demogorge

First Post
the character only gets to apply her sneak attack and/or strength damage to one of the separate hit rolls

You cannot add strength damage to shuriken attacks, not even one.

Question 1: What about point blank shot's bonus and precise shot's penalty removal?

All of the examples in the FAQ dealing with shurikens deal with extra damage: sneak attack, ranger favored enemy (bonus damage is specifically mentioned), and weapon spec. So all bonuses to hit apply to all shuriken. Bonuses to damage based on knowledge, precision, or skill only apply to the first shuriken.

So you would get the +1 to attack from precise shot but the +1 to damage would only apply to the first one.

Magical bonuses, from say adamantine or Prayer, would apply to all shuriken I think. But I don't know whether morale bonuses like from an Inspire Courage would apply.

IMO, they needlessly confused things with these shuriken rules.

All rules that apply to shurikens apply exactly the same to the Lesser Orb spells.

Last edited:

Remove ads