• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Point Pleasant

Brown Jenkin

First Post
The first half was kind of OC and if it stays that way I likely won?t watch. The preview for Part II gave me hope though. It seems we will be getting both a good and a bad direct influence on her and more knowledge on her part about what is going on. I am withholding judgement until after at least part II and if that goes well for the first several episodes.

Mad Hatter

First Post
From the clips of future episodes they keep showing, it looks like the show will pick up. I have faith that Marti Noxon will do well.

Steverooo

First Post
Meh, it's pretty disappointing, to me... The "birthmark" is so obviously a stylized "666", each rotated 120 degrees, and placed on top of each other... and we already know that she's the daughter of the Beast. And the number of the beast is six hundred three-score and six. Typical Hollywood, ifta ask me. :lol:

Acid_crash

First Post
I liked it, thought it was cool and different. I don't watch OC nor know what that show is about so I don't know what you all mean by that, but as for what this show is doing... Part II really picked it up a bit I think, and I think it will only get better. Plus, it has Dizzy :) ;)

evildmguy

Explorer
Jim Hague said:
Eh. Dina Meyer aside, I liked this show much better when it was called 'American Gothic' and had Gary Cole as the bad guy. :p

Wow! That was my reaction.

The whole time, I kept thinking this was mostly American Gothic but we didn't know yet if she was going to choose to be bad or not. (Dang! I miss AG!)

It also seemed as if too much was told to us. The pilot went too fast. We got the whole story. My wife thinks that's because they know it won't last and so are trying to get it all out now.

btw, we also watched this because of Marti Noxon and were disappointed. I don't know if it was writing, acting or directing but it was "off" in its execution.

Have a good one! Take care!

edg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads