• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Poison Ivy Press] Debut Release: The Koola!

JackSmithIV

First Post
We’ve officially released our first product, “IVe Races: The Kroola”! We’re really excited to debut the new product. It’s for sale for a debut price of $1.99, which we believe is a killer value for all that content. Remember, you can find a free preview of the product here. Pick it up, check it out, read it, use it, and if you like it enough, spread the word! We hope you enjoy, and be sure to send us any feedback if you have questions or commets.

KroolaCover.jpg

Presenting our first race, the Kroola! Like any of our other products, we go above and beyond to provide as much as possible. We give you all the tools to include the Kroola in your games both as players and as NPCs and enemies. They're versatile, and ready for any kind of campaign. They fall in mid-heroic tier, and provide a great oportunity to give your players another encounter with orcs or goblins.

Born in harsh swampland environments and raised aboard seafaring ships, the Kroola are a resilient piratical race that spend their lives roaming the world, seeking treasure and adventure. They are both aggressive and jovial, fighting for the sport of it, and delighting in often overly violent pranks. Their intimidating looks and penchant for recklessness earn them a fearsome reputation.

Kroola resemble walking crocodiles, with scaly hides and long, toothy snouts. Kroola adventurers, whose cells have adapted to regenerating often, run larger than most, and some brawlers can grow significantly larger than average with time and training. Their armored hides come in variety of reptilian shades, the most common being dark green or rust, but some Kroola can display brighter red or somethings blueish scales.
Included in this supplement is:

• The Kroola as a playable race, including a range of racial feats and a paragon path
  • The ecology of the Kroola, including their physiology, settlements, and societies
  • Kroola characters, and advice on adventuring and roleplaying as a Kroola
  • New monsters, from the swarms they use as pets to a couple of unique Kroola villains
  • Using Kroola in your campaigns, including sample NPCs and locations to insert right into your game
We're really excited about our debut product, and we hope you check it out! It's available for download exclusively through RPGnow.

Also, on another topic, we’ll be releasing information for our Insurrection line soon. We’ll be opening up with a free guide to the line that’ll include some fluff, some crunch, and a whole lot of extras. If you’re impressed by the amount of content and the quality of the presentation in Kroola, you’re gonna love Insurrection, with it’s playable races, new paragon paths, tons of new monsters, rituals, adventure seeds, campaign inspiration, and encounters.

Stay tuned, and thanks for checking us out!

Last edited:

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Looks good so far, though I've yet to read it through. Let me ask, did you lock the PDF on purpose or was it an oversight? I'd like to change the default view and downsample it, but you included security in the file that doesn't allow me to.

JackSmithIV

First Post
Hmmm, I'm not sure why that is. The PDF has no securities attached, the file isn't locked, and there isn't any security enforcements through RPGnow. Looking at the forums, however, you seem to be experiencing the same problem with a couple other products. Not to blame you, of course! We're looking further into it, though, and we'll keep in touch to make sure you get what you need!

Last edited:

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Jack, it's usually an oversight when generating the PDF. If you're using InDesign, you can set the security defaults in the options screen right before it exports to Acrobat.

You can also fix it directly on Acrobat Pro. Open the file, go to File > Properties, then to the Security tab. Choose No Security in the dropdown menu and you're set. This used to happen to me with my early products as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads