• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Poll: Favorite Non-D&D RPG Setting

Favorite non-D&D RPG Setting

• The Imperium - Traveller

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • the world of Shadowrun

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • the Earth of Dark Conspiracy

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Lovecraftian 1920s - Call of Cthulhu

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Arthurian Britain - Pendragon

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • World of Darkness

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Gamma Earth - Gamma World

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Starship Warden - Metamorphosis Alpha

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mars, of Space: 1889

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • the Ubiquitous "Other"

Votes: 47 41.6%

Number47

First Post
Nobody else for Paranoia?! Come on, you were all thinking it, too, but were too shy to admit it. The best part is the fact that Paranoia Third Edition is like d20 before there was d20!

Sammael99

First Post
Jorune is certainly a high ranking game work for me, one of the most full of flavour IMO.

Can't think of other "others" right now, too tired...

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
MythandLore said:
Final Fantasy 1, 2(4j), 3(6j).

Or do you mean paper?
Hmm... There's a reason I play DnD and not the other games.
I don't like them.

Just to be precise, I was asking about settings, not about games themselves.

R

Rubeus Hagrid

The Pre-Crisis Earth-1 DC Comics Universe, as seen in the 2nd Edition DC heroes RPG.

Why? It's about Superheroes, its non-Dark, non-Gritty, and allows anytyhing from serious ERB-style fantasy (Mike Grell's Warlord) through adventure detective fiction (Dick Giordano's Batman), through world-spanning science fiction epics (Legion of Super-Heroes, Challengers Of The Unknown).

The one I most want to try, though is Dinosaur Planet: Broncosaurus Rex by Goodman Games. :)

Caspiar

First Post
For me it has got to be Cthulu. It is such a clean system, really easy to get into, even if you have never played. And you will never tire of your character because he will probably be either dead or in an asylum before too long..... I enjoy the "normals" up against the supernatural...

That being said i will also put in a vote for Dark Matter... a really well thought out world with very familiar rules...

EOL

First Post
I'm suprised that I didn't see more mention of Rifts. (of course even if it had been a choice I wouldn't have voted for it.) My impression was that Rifts was fairly popular maybe there's just not a lot of overlap between the demographics of this board and the average Rifts player.

In any event I voted for Shadowrun, and I agree with others great setting great characters really crappy rules, and I could never figure out how to make the game fun for both the Deckers and Non-Deckers at the same time.

ProfAnime

Move along, nothing to see here
I would have to say my favorite world is Terra Nova from Heavy Gear. I think DP9 did a fantastic job on creating a world with an intricate backstory, and every side can be "good" or "bad" all depending on how you want to play it. Plus I also like the Silhouette system, though it does have a few flaws here and there.

novyet

First Post
Shadowrun is definitely my fave non d&d setting, but I guess I'm the only who didn't mind the rules. :)

Hey EOL, the easy way to make it cool for non deckers and deckers at the same time is easy, have someone gm that part alongside the main party, that always worked for us.

Remove ads