• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Poll: Favorite Non-D&D RPG Setting

Favorite non-D&D RPG Setting

• The Imperium - Traveller

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • the world of Shadowrun

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • the Earth of Dark Conspiracy

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Lovecraftian 1920s - Call of Cthulhu

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Arthurian Britain - Pendragon

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • World of Darkness

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Gamma Earth - Gamma World

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Starship Warden - Metamorphosis Alpha

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mars, of Space: 1889

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • the Ubiquitous "Other"

Votes: 47 41.6%

MythandLore

First Post
ColonelHardisson said:
Just to be precise, I was asking about settings, not about games themselves.
I was talking about settings, I like the worlds those 3 games took place in. (Remeber the games didn't all take place in the same world)
I haven't liked the "settings" of the newer ones.

Eosin the Red

First Post
Harn for fantasy
Dark Champions for gritty

I love playing in Image when it was young, for my supers game.

White Wolf gets many kudos for great writing.

Holy Bovine

First Post
I voted for Traveller - the Imperium. Something about that setting always fasinated me. I ran a one semester campaign back in high school and then various oneoffs throughout the years but never a full, multi-year campaign.

One day I'll convince my players that a 15 year old game is still worth their time

(*sigh* now I'm going to bed and read one of my old traveller adventures - Maybe Death Station? Naaah - Expedition to Zhodane - that was always a good one)

**Holy Bovine fades off into wistful nostalgia**

Last edited:

Sulimo

First Post
Good lord, favourite Non-D&D setting. I cant narrow it down to one. At beast I could narrow it down to a handful. So, here goes.

Middle Earth (the ICE version)
Shadow World
Shadowrun
Earthdawn
Deadlands

Last edited:

Sulimo

First Post
Cullain said:

Seconded. Until 3E came out, I couldn't imagine running a fantasy game that wasn't Earthdawn. Everything about that game was just incredibly well done, IMO.

Cullain

Yeah, it is good. And frankly I like the system. And could'nt imagine shoe-horning it into 3e or another system.

Last edited:

Sulimo

First Post
Number47 said:
Nobody else for Paranoia?! Come on, you were all thinking it, too, but were too shy to admit it. The best part is the fact that Paranoia Third Edition is like d20 before there was d20!

I'm not shy about praising Paranoia, It's one of my fave games. HAvent played it for years.

Who actually owns the rights to it now? I wish someone would ressurect it. Not at as _another_ d20 repackaging though.

sword-dancer

Explorer
In my prefferred order

Harnmaster If i could only find a GM
GURPS Conan, WFRP
Midgard, Middleearth, Cyberpunk

Glorrantha & Amber( second or even first row, frm my impressions) had never played it only read the rules and the world description.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads