D&D General Poll: Should a poster be expected to read (or at least skim) all posts before posting in a thread?

Should a poster be expected to read (or skim) all posts before posting in a thread?

• Yes

Votes: 42 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 120 74.1%

• Poll closed .

Ok for any others, here is the link to continue the conversation in a more topical thread:

Understanding how angels work, is surprisingly useful to understanding how the entire D&D multiverse works.
I'm supposed to be working right now! And, by the time I get home that thread will 15 pages long. I don't type very fast. But keep it coming man, that's the kind of naughty word I love about Dungeons and Dragons.

One thing that would I would really like is a way to have moderator actions jump out better in long threads. If a mod has said "Let's leave this sub-discussion alone, guys", it's harder to follow if it's buried on page 8 of a 15 page thread. And if someone's been removed from a thread, I want to be sure I note it so I don't respond to an earlier post by that person.

OTOH, I have a feeling that highlighting threads and posts with moderator action would do little to help keep things calm and bring the thread back into control.

Bolares

Hero
Ok for any others, here is the link to continue the conversation in a more topical thread:

Understanding how angels work, is surprisingly useful to understanding how the entire D&D multiverse works.
This is a shameless self-promotion! (and I approve of it)

Remove ads