[Poll] Vote For The Top 10 Horror RPGs!

Just for Halloween fun, I've gone to the Wikipedia list of horror roleplaying games and made a poll to see what the top 10 most popular are. If your choice isn't on this list, post in the thread and I'll add it. You may select multiple games. I've tried to include RPGs, but not settings for RPGs (though that would also be a fun poll). Votes are hidden -- I'll reveal them in dramatic fashion later! Voting closes Sunday midnight. I'll reveal the results first on next week's podcast, and then post them here.

Just for Halloween fun, I've gone to the Wikipedia list of horror roleplaying games and made a poll to see what the top 10 most popular are. If your choice isn't on this list, post in the thread and I'll add it. You may select multiple games. I've tried to include RPGs, but not settings for RPGs (though that would also be a fun poll). Votes are hidden -- I'll reveal them in dramatic fashion later! Voting closes Sunday midnight. I'll reveal the results first on next week's podcast, and then post them here.

horror-theme-ra10.jpg

gyor

Legend
I went with World of Darkness games, but really Chronicles of Darkness should have been a separate choice as it is no longer called new world of darkness and gas evolved into a very independent setting and in my opinion is the best by far horror setting out there.

I mean Changeling: The Lost, Geist: the Sineaters, Werewolf: The Forsaken, Vampire: Reqiuem, Mage: the Awakening, Promeathan: The Created, Mummy: The Cursed, Hunter: The Vigil, Beast: The Primordial, Demon: The Unchained, The Godmachine Chronicles, and the upcoming Deviant.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
The only one I've played is Ghostbusters. That was back before the sequel came out (ignore the remake). The point was to go back and forth between scary and funny.

murquhart72

Explorer
Not sure if it counts as a game or a setting (both?), but Wonderland for JAGS is one of my favorites. Just reading through the book with too open a mind can put a strain on one's sanity o_O

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Not sure if it counts as a game or a setting (both?), but Wonderland for JAGS is one of my favorites. Just reading through the book with too open a mind can put a strain on one's sanity o_O

Google tells me that "Wonderland is a tabletop setting for the free generic RPG JAGS."

Kettlebriar

Original Old School Gamer
Write in: RAVENLOFT the Gothic Horror Campaign Setting. Best Horror setting that we played for many years. From RPG Tabletop, to Video Games, to Boardgame.

My Top 3 Horror RPGs would be:

1) Vampire: The Masquerade
2) Call of Cthulhu
3) Kult

Just about in that order, although it's wafer thin at the top (just the rule-sets of the most current editions swings it). Note that I think Vampire: The Masquerade works fine (best, even) as a standalone entree in the World of Darkness.

Following on, I'd pick:

4) The Rest of The World of Darkness games
5) Delta Green
6) Ghostbusters
7) Unknown Armies
8) All Flesh Must Be Eaten
9) The Whispering Vault
10) In Nomine (French version is better though) or possibly My Life With Master.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads