Poll: What TSR RPG Should Be Revivified by Wizards?

What old TSR RPG should Wizards revivify? PICK UP TO THREE!

• The Adventures of Indiana Jones Role-Playing Game

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Amazing Engine

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Boot Hill

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Buck Rogers XXVC

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Bullwinkle and Rocky Role-Playing Party Game

• Conan Role-Playing Game

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Crimefighters

• Empire of the Petal Throne

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Gamma World

Votes: 53 45.7%
  • Gangbusters

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • High Adventure Cliffhangers Buck Rogers Adventure Game

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Marvel Super Heroes (FASERIP)

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • Metamorphosis Alpha

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Star Frontiers

Votes: 52 44.8%
  • Top Secret

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • Alternity

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • Dragonlance: Fifth Age (SAGA)

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Marvel Super Heroes Adventure Game (SAGA)

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Poll closed .

JeffB

Legend
Truthfully the RPG items they could put out that I'd like to see aren't the TSR ones. Avalon Hill is under the WotC umbrella, and they had Runequest 3rd edition. I'm indifferent to the rules, but the supplements like Shadows on the Borderlands, Dorastor, Strangers in Prax, Sun County and others would absolutely go onto my Must Buy list.

Chaosium owns the rights again. They have said they had plans for RQ3 PDFs. IIRC. But with as long as it took for the 2E versions, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'd like to see someone pick up SPI's Dragonquest (and do a proper 3rd edition, not the TSR neutered 3rd edition)

JeffB

Legend
I remember SPI's Dragonquest. One of our DMs bought it and we played a few games. Too bad TSR bought it and killed it later on.

When I was a teen, I had a nightmare about the cover image of Dragonquest (2E) the night I bought it, That sliced off Dragon's head had some kind of weird impact on me :ROFLMAO:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
When I was a teen, I had a nightmare about the cover image of Dragonquest (2E) the night I bought it, That sliced off Dragon's head had some kind of weird impact on me :ROFLMAO:

It's why I didn't buy the Storm King's Thunder GM screen. I was playing with my kids (sure, they were teens, but still), and it's pretty much a beheaded giant.

JeffB

Legend
It's why I didn't buy the Storm King's Thunder GM screen. I was playing with my kids (sure, they were teens, but still), and it's pretty much a beheaded giant.

I grew up Hunting & Fishing and had butchered plenty of game. So "severed heads" don't really bug me. But that dream did :cry:

Shashtah

First Post
So I was thinking about some of the classic RPGs that TSR pushed out, some of which are well-known (Gamma World) some a little less well-known (Crimefighters) and I was wondering- hey, maybe it would be good to see these re-published with an updated set of more modern rules?

I'm putting this up as a poll (and perhaps a Survivor thread at some point)! Now, a few guidelines-

1. This does not include boardgames made by TSR (sorry, War of Wizards).

2. This does not include card games made by TSR (no soup for you, Blood Wars).

3. This does not include microgames or wargames (nada, Panzer Warfare)

RPGs only! And I am ignoring any possible licensing issues, because that's no fun.

So, here is the list....

The Adventures of Indiana Jones Role-Playing Game
Amazing Engine
Boot Hill
Buck Rogers XXVC
Bullwinkle and Rocky Role-Playing Party Game
Conan Role-Playing Game
Crimefighters
Empire of the Petal Throne
Gamma World
Gangbusters
High Adventure Cliffhangers Buck Rogers Adventure Game
Marvel Super Heroes (FASERIP)
Metamorphosis Alpha
Star Frontiers
Top Secret

EDIT-
Pls. note that Alternity has been added to the bottom of the poll. Apologize for the confusion.

Edit 2-
Pls. note that the two SAGA system games (Dragonlance Fifth Age and Marvel Super Heroes Adventure Game) has been added as well.

For purposes of the poll, let's say pick your top 3, and then explain in the comments.

For me?

1. Star Frontiers. Base rules + Knight Hawks + Zebulons = Awesomeness.
2. Top Secret. Listen to me, Hillary. I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist, only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island, who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground.
3. Marvel FASERIP. Yeah, there's the licensing issue, but this is the all-time classic. Such a smooth system for the 80s.

Why not Gamma World? Because others have made very good fan conversions, etc. for 5e.
So I was thinking about some of the classic RPGs that TSR pushed out, some of which are well-known (Gamma World) some a little less well-known (Crimefighters) and I was wondering- hey, maybe it would be good to see these re-published with an updated set of more modern rules?

I'm putting this up as a poll (and perhaps a Survivor thread at some point)! Now, a few guidelines-

RPGs only! And I am ignoring any possible licensing issues, because that's no fun.

So, here is the list....

Amazing Engine
Boot Hill
Buck Rogers XXVC
Conan Role-Playing Game
Crimefighters
Gamma World
Gangbusters
Metamorphosis Alpha
Star Frontiers
Top Secret

EDIT-
Pls. note that Alternity has been added to the bottom of the poll. Apologize for the confusion.

Edit 2-
Pls. note that the two SAGA system games (Dragonlance Fifth Age and Marvel Super Heroes Adventure Game) has been added as well.

For purposes of the poll, let's say pick your top 3, and then explain in the comments.

For me?

2. Top Secret. Listen to me, Hillary. I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist, only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island, who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground.
3. Marvel FASERIP. Yeah, there's the licensing issue, but this is the all-time classic. Such a smooth system for the 80s.

Why not Gamma World? Because others have made very good fan conversions, etc. for 5e.

So, here is the list....

Amazing Engine
Boot Hill
Buck Rogers XXVC
Conan Role-Playing Game
Crimefighters
Gamma World
Gangbusters
Metamorphosis Alpha
Star Frontiers
Top Secret

EDIT-

Edit 2-

For me?

You forgot Al Qadim.

Remove ads