• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Poly) Mecha Crusade!

Sparrowhawk

First Post
I just bought Dungeon 95/Polyhedron 154 so I could get my hands on Mecha Crusade. As much as I love Omega World, I love Mecha Crusade more! All I have to do is flip through the article and I hear "The Winner" (opening theme from Gundam 0083) playing in my head. The sight of the cover image by Stephan Martiniere sends chills down my spine.

I have this image in my head now. A huge table with boxes of various sizes stacked on it. The surface of the table and the boxes are all covered with a 1" grid. Toys and action figures of various shapes and sizes are arranged on the table. The figures representing the PC mechs move across the table, flying over mountains and jumping down into ravines to pursue the enemy. *drool*

I take my hat off to David Noonan for designing the coolest, awesomest, sexiest Poly minigame ever!!!

Ryan Wynne

First Post
Bagpuss said:
True but there have been several really good mecha games, specifically designed for the genre.

Yup this is very true. I actually have been designing a Mecha rpg which has been ongoing for awhile and hope to get it soon. While I am a fan of D20/D20 modern it uses its own system and not d20.

cbatt

First Post
If you really like Gundam, check out Jovian Chronicles from Dream Pod 9. Sexiest looking mecha game ever made. Even better than their other, more famous game, Heavy Gear.

It's also a great hard sci-fi game if you remove the mecha.

Great setting. Great production values. Amazing manga/anime style art (courtesy of Ghislain Barbe; the dude responsible for the cover and GM screen of Exalted).

No, it's not d20. Regardless, check out the equipment/mecha guide for inspiration (volume 3 of the core JC rule books).

Just my two cents.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Patience can be a virtue.

Especially when Guardian of Order will be publishing a d20 Mecha RPG, and DP9 to publish a d20 Mecha Compendium.

Let's not forget Mongoose Publishing doing WarMech (sounds less like a mecha anime genre and more like BT mecha genre).

Due out in 2003.

Last edited:

For some reason Jovian Chronicles and Heavy Gear never did appeal to me... and I've been a big Gundam fan since '85. Oh well.

I guess I will have to see what GoO will do...

Remove ads