Polyhedral Dice in Everyday Life

Yhsrock

First Post
I've been playing random numbers and dice for the last 20 years. A few years back, I bought a few d&d dice (100, 60,40). I use them for selecting which movies to watch and for random stuff. I find it fun and found a lot of unique results. For example, I'll watch a movie with a certain actor and a week or 2 later, another dice number will pop up with the same actor. I don't own alot of movies with the same cast. So it's funny how I watch something on Netflix and the number gives me one with the same actor. In all, it's a fun game of fun.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Random number generators on the web have the advantage that you are not limited by physical dice--you can roll 1d13 if you have to pick 1 of 13 options.

I did actually roll an 8-sided die when I had to pick which of 8 people was going first and needed the appearance of absolute unbiased randomness.

I've used 6- and 8-sided dice in more...intimate settings for the appearance of randomness. I am not sure how much more detail the rules allow me to go into...

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
Polyhedral dice would have help me understand Statistics in high school much better. At the time it was like trying to memorize Vancian Magic formulas and I'm a First Principals guy, not a memorizer.

Remove ads