• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Polymorph Self and Tenser's Transformation

kreynolds

First Post
Gaiden said:
According to the epic level handbook, your attacks to max out at 4 attacks.

Yep.

Gaiden said:
(IDHMBWM) - however, I believe that the reason why they said they maxed out was because you would never have a BAB over 20 which is the specific reason why the Attack bonus you get after reaching 20th level is not considered part of your core BAB.

Yup. Your BAB never goes above 20.

Gaiden said:
THat would lead me to believe that you can have more than 4 iterive attacks so long as your BAB is greater than 20.

Nope.

Gaiden said:
A Divine power and tensor's transformation should be able to do this along with multiple tenser's stacked on top of one another.

It doesn't matter though. You simply cannot gain more than 4 attacks per round with one hand from your BAB.

Gaiden said:
Of course this had no basis as solars get 5 iterive attacks.

They aren't supposed to.

Gaiden said:
In the end (so long as I am not forgetting any obvious text - again, IDHMBWM - sorry), I think it would be DM's call.

It would be a house rule if you allowed more than 4 attacks from BAB.

Gaiden said:
The epic level handbook does talk about having more than 4 iterives unbalancing

It may or may not be unbalancing, but balance isn't even in question. The rules for this are clear. Everyone likes to hang onto the Solar mistake in regards to this issue.

Thanee

First Post
Gaiden said:
I am very surprised to see you asking a question :).

You have always struck me as a DND rules guru.

Oh, actually I'm asking rules questions fairly often, but also try to answer them, if I know (or think to know) the answer (which is more often than not, tho)! :)

And I don't yet have the ELH.

Thanks for answering this, so you can have as much BAB as you want, but still get only 4 attacks... fine!

Bye
Thanee

Mordeth

First Post
kreynolds said:

Yup. Your BAB never goes above 20.

It doesn't matter though. You simply cannot gain more than 4 attacks per round with one hand from your BAB.

It would be a house rule if you allowed more than 4 attacks from BAB.

Then How does Improved Manyshot get around this? This is what I dont understand about th spell. It says that it uses your base attack bonus with no limit to the amount of attacks. Does this feat break that rule?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Improved Manyshot lets you shoot more than 4 arrows, but with one attack (and one attack roll). You must be within 30 ft of the enemy, can only attack a single foe, and all the precision based damage (point blank shot, sneak attack, crit and so on) only applies to one of the arrows you shoot. So it lets you get more than 4 arrows away, but only with several limitations and technically not with 5 or more attacks.

Thanee

First Post
My 6 attacks? Yes, indeed. I was just wondering what would happen, when I got a BAB of above 20, which I could using Limited Wish (combination of Divine Power and Tenser's Transformation).

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads