• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
After a few hours of poring over the papers, Lerissa rubs her eyes in fatigue and lies back against the driftwood log. Jask continues reading for a few minutes before exclaiming excitedly, "This is it! I"ve found it!" He laughs in delight and begins capering around on the beach like a man half his age, waving the papers he's been reading around in the air.

Abraxis returns from his jaunt down the beach with a nice haul of crabs and assorted mollusks - enough to supplement the castaways' food supply and keep the entire group fed tomorrow.

It seems like things are finally going your way . . .

Rhun

First Post
"Now, if we just had some salt and some spicy peppers," says Abraxis, dropping his load of shellfish near the fire.

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

After a few hours of poring over the papers, Lerissa rubs her eyes in fatigue and lies back against the driftwood log. Jask continues reading for a few minutes before exclaiming excitedly, "This is it! I"ve found it!" He laughs in delight and begins capering around on the beach like a man half his age, waving the papers he's been reading around in the air.

Abraxis returns from his jaunt down the beach with a nice haul of crabs and assorted mollusks - enough to supplement the castaways' food supply and keep the entire group fed tomorrow.

It seems like things are finally going your way . . .

As Lerissa lies back and allows Jask to continue reading, she thinks...life on this island really isn't so bad. It is so much simpler than back in the "civilized world" if it can really be called that. She has to smile at the irony. She looks around to the rest of the group and has to feel a satisfaction she can't remember feeling since she was very young and didn't have worries. So, she takes a moment to take it all in and enjoy it while it lasts.

OOC - much like this weekend will be :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You spend the evening relishing the feeling that you're doing all right - that you've "caught up" and are getting a handle on survival as castaways. The shellfish collected by Abraxis taste excellent after being grilled with a bit of the wild fowl Auron managed to bring in and the various tubers and herbs collected by Lerissa. Even with rationing to stretch your stores, this is the best meal you've had since . . . well, maybe since well before the wreck, since food aboard the Jenivere wasn't exactly gourmet.

Aerys' tossing and turning gives way to restful sleep about the time you finish your meal, and it appears she's turned the corner.

Plans for the night? Watch order, further attempts at improving the attitude of Sasha and Gelik? Anything else?

[sblock=OOC]I'm going to try to get a replacement for Leaf, but I think I'll hold off on replacing Auron for now; I've been told that Ryan was in a car accident, and I'd like to give him the chance to get back in at a later date if he wishes.

I'll figure out an IC way to work Leaf out of the game, but until we get resolution on whether or not Ryan will rejoin us I'll just allow Auron to fade quietly into the background - we'll assume he's with you, but he won't be active at all.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"I'll take first watch," volunteers Abraxis. "And we should keep our eyes open for that apparition...keep the locket we found close at hand, as we may be able to put the poor soul to rest."

mleibrock

First Post
"I'll take first watch," volunteers Abraxis. "And we should keep our eyes open for that apparition...keep the locket we found close at hand, as we may be able to put the poor soul to rest."

Lerissa pipes up when Abraxis speaks of tonight's watches. "I'd like second watch." She looks to Sasha, "Would you be my watch partner tonight? If that ghost doesn't want the locket it'll be a fun fight", she says to tempt Sasha. "Abraxis is right, tonight's objective should be to lay that wandering soul to rest. Anything that makes our lives easier on this island is a good thing... though I have to admit we seem to be pretty good at this island thing."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Sasha graces Lerissa with an uncharacteristic grin - really, more a slight baring of her teeth than a full fledged grin, but it does look bloodthirsty - as he mentions the possibility of a fight. "I suppose if there's a chance of something interesting happening, I could manage to stay awake for a watch. Besides, you probably won't let me eat again if I don't do something, and this looks like the least work."

Still feeling good about things, with full bellies and enough food in the larder that you'll be able to eat tomorrow for sure, you bed down for the night.

[sblock=OOC]Mike, is there any specific tack you'd like to take to try to improve Sasha's attitude while you're on watch? If so, we can either play it out or you can paint it in broad strokes for me.[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Sasha graces Lerissa with an uncharacteristic grin - really, more a slight baring of her teeth than a full fledged grin, but it does look bloodthirsty - as he mentions the possibility of a fight. "I suppose if there's a chance of something interesting happening, I could manage to stay awake for a watch. Besides, you probably won't let me eat again if I don't do something, and this looks like the least work."

Still feeling good about things, with full bellies and enough food in the larder that you'll be able to eat tomorrow for sure, you bed down for the night.

[sblock=OOC]Mike, is there any specific tack you'd like to take to try to improve Sasha's attitude while you're on watch? If so, we can either play it out or you can paint it in broad strokes for me.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mike P] Lerissa seems to have honed in on Sasha's interest...adventure. If something happens during their watch it might be a turning point in her attitude toward the group. During the watch Lerissa is strike up conversations about the reasons she was on the Jenivere. Lerissa will see where that takes their conversation.

I would like to role play it out, maybe in Lerissa's thread? [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
It is in the middle of Lerissa's watch with Sasha that the spirit makes his appearance . . .

A ghostly form, skeletal bones gnawed bare of flesh by the creatures of the sea but still wearing a captain's coat and tricorn hat, rises from the fire with a ghostly wail of rage. "Traitors! Mutineers! What have you done with . . ." The ghastly creature catches sight of Lerissa's companion and his vitriolic torrent comes to an abrupt halt. "Ashemara? Is that you? Have you come for me?"

[sblock=MikeL]Whenever you're ready you can start your RP with Sasha. We'll continue to play it out in Lerissa's side thread as we move forward here.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads