Portal

This game totally RULES and is too short by about 1000 hours. I think I finished it in 4, and immediately went back and did it all again just to hear the song.

And speaking of Half-Life 2, does anyone happen to have a savegame of the "Entanglement" level right AFTER that stupid, insanely tedious, OHMYGODWHATAPAININTHEARSE business with the tripod guns and waves of troops coming into the cell block? I mean, I did it once when I played through the game the first time but to manage it I had to do it over, and OVER... and I'd like to continue the game I've got going but I CANNOT STAND that crap anymore. I don't much care how much ammo, or health I have left at that point, I just don't want to play thorugh that scene even one more time. Not EVER.

If you have a PC grab 'Narbacular Drop'. It's a free game that's basically the prototype for Portal (or so I've been told, anyway). Same guys, etc. I don't have Portal so I don't know how much they have in common, but you can't beat the price, and it is pretty cool.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Man in the Funny Hat said:
And speaking of Half-Life 2, does anyone happen to have a savegame of the "Entanglement" level right AFTER that stupid, insanely tedious, OHMYGODWHATAPAININTHEARSE business with the tripod guns and waves of troops coming into the cell block?

That's a tough scene. I don't know if I saved any of my HL2 savegames, but I'll look when I get home.

Terraism

Explorer
Kid Charlemagne said:
That's a tough scene. I don't know if I saved any of my HL2 savegames, but I'll look when I get home.
If Charlemagne doesn't have it, I'm almost certain I do. I played through just a month or so ago, and I should have it still floating around since I never delete anything. :) (And I save - all games, not just FPS - like a gerbil on speed.)

Mercule

Adventurer
I'm not big on FPS games -- just a couple hours of amusement, usually. I'm considering getting the Orange Box just for Portal, though. It looks very cool.

UPDATE:
Man in the Funny Hat said:
And speaking of Half-Life 2, does anyone happen to have a savegame of the "Entanglement" level right AFTER that stupid, insanely tedious, OHMYGODWHATAPAININTHEARSE business with the tripod guns and waves of troops coming into the cell block? I mean, I did it once when I played through the game the first time but to manage it I had to do it over, and OVER... and I'd like to continue the game I've got going but I CANNOT STAND that crap anymore. I don't much care how much ammo, or health I have left at that point, I just don't want to play thorugh that scene even one more time. Not EVER.
Finally found a great suggestion for beating this. Take the tripod guns out of their cabinets, turn them facing outward (grab from the front) and put them RIGHT BACK in their cabinets. Back yourself into one of the middle cabinets with the third tripod in the end cabinet. I spent the time in a crouch but that might not be necessary. Watch the bodies pile up. You will occasionally have to shoot one guard who parks his carcass in front of you, but they mostly die still trying to knock over the tripods - which can't fall over in the cabinets. And they never threw one grenade.

Just thought that deserved to be widely shared.

Remove ads