D&D General Possible D&D shows / Hasbro CEO talking about D&D

Whatever budget they had went towards the voice actors, because, yeesh, both the CGI and traditional animation look cheap. I can't even watch the thing without getting a headache.

Bad thing with that horrible trainwreck of a movie was it seemed to have no budget. It looked like those bad animated ripoffs of Disney movies that are "direct to vhs/dvd" you see for $3 at the local dollar store. The CGI and trad animation wasn't combined well at all, even for something that came out in 2008.

Dungeons & Dragons as a brand continues to grow. It's pretty amazing to think where the brand has come from, how much things have changed in just a decade.

The talk over the movie has been stretching on and on for years now, though the news never seems to quite lock down into a proper start of filming. I'd love to see Dragonlance adapted into a series, but to start with I think they need something more self-contained. Like the MCU, they need to start with just one good movie to kick things off, one that isn't dependent on sequels, but still hints at a broader world. And it needs to be firmly set in a D&D world. It shouldn't feel like someone's homebrew campaign with terrible house rules. It can't have...checks notes...beholders as guard dogs.

Remove ads