• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Possum's d20 Modern: Fallout part 1

Felix1459

First Post
Chase let's out a little laugh as Alicia loses the war with the Jello after her short victory. "Here. You can have mine." he says as he slides his jello across the table towards her. "You know collecting trash isn't the worst gig out there. You can actually learn quite a lot about people by what they throw away. Like that guy their..." nods towards the skinny guy at the next table. "...he's always throwing away workout magazines so I figure he either is trying to work up to bulking up or he really likes looking at buff men. Though I suspect the former since he has what four kids?...then again his wife gets pregnant in or around the time those magazines get tossed out so who knows. As to what I do for fun. Well I like to run around town at night when most people are asleep and I have the streets all to myself. Well, except for all the drunks, criminals and security that's also out. Also I enjoy giving my dessert away to pretty girls..." he delivers the last part of that line matter-fact-like and let's out a smirk. [sblock=OOC:]He's a teenage boy...he's got to at least try to make a move. Ha ha.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Except that he lives in a place where there are no streets, nor town to wonder about. Imagine the vaults like the inside of a small spaceship.

possum

First Post
OOC: Not to mention that--as pre-war printed objects--pretty much any magazine, even something like Muscle and Fitness, would be pretty valuable. Traded away for extra food rations or other magazines would be very likely. Throwing them out wouldn't be.

Felix1459

First Post
OOC: Thanks for the info. I guess he'd run around the corridors or whatever is available. As far as the magazines...that just makes you wonder even more as to why they'd be in the trash.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Alicia glances at the jello with a smile of thanks, but then leans closer and peers at it critically. She looks up at the ceiling with a frown and squints. Turning back to Chase she slides the tray back and says, "No thanks, there would appear to be a rusty paint chip or something on yours. Appreciate the offer though."

She picks at some soy mush, hesitant to take a bite, "Besides snooping in trash, what else do you do?"

<<OOC: Possum; not to get too much of a hint, but are we supposed to activate a trigger to advance the story or should we just be patient?>>

Alicia2-small.png
Alicia’s CS

Felix1459

First Post
Chase looks down at the jello then back at Alicia "Wow, real smooth move their Chase. Eh, well digging through people is what I do for work it's not fun, it's just not all that bad. I don't know...what do you do for fun?"

possum

First Post
OOC: Be patient. Just get used to your characters and the characters of everyone else for a while before I turn everything upside down... LOL/

perrinmiller

Adventurer
<<OOC: Patience it is ;)>>

Alicia chuckles, "Don't worry about it, I think it fell from the ceiling during the tremor."

She pushes the tray aside unable to eat any more of the stuff. She looks Chase straight in the eye, and apparently completely serious, "I sit in my little hole of a room and play with a little rag doll called Suzy. I brush her hair and pretend to serve tea."

She cracks her knuckles on her right hand before folding her arms across her chest, wondering what he's going to make of that.

Alicia2-small.png
Alicia’s CS

Felix1459

First Post
Chase stares at Alicia and crosses his arms as well, bringing his left hand up to his chin, tiliting his head downward as if deep in thought and then stares back at her "Must one wear a hat at this tea party or do you let anyone join?" he holds the straight face for about three seconds before bursting into laughter. He continues to laugh as he pictures her in her room enacting a tea party and then stifles his laughter as people around are now staring and he notices that some are still visibly shaken by the tremor.

He takes a deep breath and then asks "So do they let you take your gun home or do you have to leave it at work?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads