• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E post pathfinder :(

Riley

Legend
Supporter
Orcus said:
Maybe you will be interested in our 4th Edition Iron Tower Adventure Path, to be published through Paizo. That's right. Adventure Path. 4E.

Oh, and if you dont think we can do old school first edition feel with 4e, think again. I guarantee it. :)

I am so geeked to support 4E, I can't even tell you... And just wait till you see who is going to be helping me with this.

Thank you so much for taking this on! Since you're publishing this in conjunction with Paizo, may I suggest that you steal a few arrows from their excellent quiver:
  • Full color.
  • Subscription option, with a bonus PDF for subscribers
  • Well-known authors

If so, I may have found my answer to yesterday's sad Paizo news.
I need some excellent 4e adventures.

Riley

Legend
Supporter
Gundark said:
I don't think I'll buy the Pathfinder APs, even if 4e conversion is easily done, by purchasing them Paizo assumes it's because it's under the 3.5 ruleset, and would be encouraged to stay away from 4e even longer.

Yeah, I'm weighing that decision myself. I expect that with the publication of 4e, I'll cut my Paizo subscriptions down from 4 different subscriptions to just the core Pathfinder Adventure Path as a way to communicate my desire for them to change. Besides, I'll need that money to buy 4e materials that I can use without conversion.

Shame, that. I like Golarian, and I like their adventures.

I hope Necromancer can put together an equally impressive product.

Off Topic:
Orcus said:
Maybe you will be interested in our 4th Edition Iron Tower Adventure Path, to be published through Paizo. That's right. Adventure Path. 4E.
I can't seem to find any info about this on your website, www.necromancergames.com. The latest upcoming product is shades of grey (2006) and the latest news from Jan 2005! :uhoh:
Have you guys got a new website or is the info in the forums (haven't looked there)?
Cheers

Griogre

First Post
mhensley said:
Get the Wilderlands boxed set from Necromancer before they're all gone. Nothing says points of light like the Wilderlands.
QFT. I have used the JG Wilderlands Campaign since the 70's. Nothing says points of light like this setting. I made my campaign's lights flicker a little weaker by doubling the size of the hexes from 5 to 10 miles.

I am also cutting back on my Paizo subscriptions. I’m going to stop the modules and run out Crimson Throne and that’s it. I've been through every D&D version change, and 80-90% of the core RPGers change eventually. I'm sick of 3.x high level D&D play too - far too fiddly, swingy and slow. :(

Clark, I would like to add my voice to being able to buy a subscription for your 4e Iron Tower adventure path. I'm like catsclaw, part of the appeal of an adventure path is not having to do the damn stat blocks or anything else – I want to be able to run an adventure path “as is” without *having* to mod it if I don’t want to. If I did not have NPC Designer I would not *ever* run non vanilla high level NPCs – the process of making high level stat blocks for 3.5 is just so unbelievably tedious.

Rechan

Adventurer
I, too, am disappointed about Paizo. Looks like I'm just going to have to skim and steal the good ideas and RP conventions without purchasing.

ki11erDM

Explorer
Orcus said:
Sound good?

Yea it sounds like a start. To me it is not the AP that is important. I just need a darn world that I find interesting and that I can plug in my own adventures with stuff from Dungeon and 3rd party stuff.

I guess what I REALLY want is an interestingly generic world… LOL

Products that we need more of are like this: http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Cities-Penumbra-D20-Forbeck/dp/1589780140/ref=cm_lmf_:):):)_9
I used about 80% of that book… more than any other noncore book.

Cintra

First Post
Riley said:
Yeah, I'm weighing that decision myself. I expect that with the publication of 4e, I'll cut my Paizo subscriptions down from 4 different subscriptions to just the core Pathfinder Adventure Path as a way to communicate my desire for them to change. Besides, I'll need that money to buy 4e materials that I can use without conversion.

Shame, that. I like Golarian, and I like their adventures.

I hope Necromancer can put together an equally impressive product.

Whereas I intend to keep buying the Paizo adventure paths, and I'll have a strong presence on the 4E boards over there, participating in conversions of the paths to 4E. Paizo pays attention to their customers, more so that any other company I've experienced. They'll see us - heck, they'll probably be in there with us at times, offering advice (where they can) or just clarifying the intents of certain scenes (to help us make the best decisions on our conversions).

And if (once 4E comes along) any of you want to come check it out, we'd be glad to see you there!

Last edited:

Banshee16

First Post
Gundark said:
I was dissappointed by the Paizo annoucement. I know that this is very childish of me, but here it goes aways.

I don't think I'll buy the Pathfinder APs, even if 4e conversion is easily done, by purchasing them Paizo assumes it's because it's under the 3.5 ruleset, and would be encouraged to stay away from 4e even longer.

So the Necro announcement...sounds good.

The nice thing about it is that since Necro and Paizo work together, you can get support for either. Paizo's basically hedging their bets that there are enough of us under-impressed by what we've heard about with 4E that they're going to be able to draw customers from both editions.

Not necessarily a bad idea. I guess it depends on how successful 4E is. I'm sure that with every edition change some players stay behind. Will enough stay behind in 3E that it will make a large enough customer base for Paizo to exist? Hopefully so.

All it means is choice. And choice is better for consumers.

Banshee

Remove ads