Posy is back! Posy's Diary, New and Improved with poll(tm)! Please vote!

What do you think of this story hour?

• It is my favorite Story Hour! Does Posy have a phone number?

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • It is in my top five! Posy is charming and funny!

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • I check it when I see it has a recent post. It’s entertaining, and I recommend it to others.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • I don’t like it very much.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • This is not a good Story Hour at all. Stop writing.

Votes: 3 6.3%

Oghma

First Post
Flocktime 11, night time

We left town. While we were having dinner, and Innskip was filling us in on what the liveryman essentially told us, Rattlin was poisoned! He kept throwing up, and Ord did some sort of healing, and he was able to tell it wasn’t just bad food. We aren’t sure if it was meant for Rattlin, since he steals food off others’ plates sometimes and drinks their drinks. It could even have been aimed at me! Having an invisible opponent spooked us too much to stay in town. We feel more comfortable out here in the wild, with our senses alert and some traps set.

After Rattlin got sick, we took all our stuff and I turned everyone invisible. We snuck out the back door of the Inn, and met up outside the main road between Blaisingdell and Nulb. We continued on invisible until the spells ran out, then ducked into the woods. Hopefully we’ll be safe for a little bit, if our enemies think we are still at the Inn. I tired, Diary, and a little spooked. An invisible opponent! Even though we use invisibility a fair amount, I haven’t thought of what it’s like to have it used against us!

We’re putting the dwarves on watch first, as usual, but Ord will be going later so he can rest to get some spells to help out Rattlin, who looks miserable. I’m going to bed, since I don’t have many spells left either. G’night, Diary!

Flocktime 12, late afternoon (fifth day of Harnekiah)

Nulb seems like a mix of boomtown, gambling den, and party-town gone to seed. Things are just a little bit on the way down from what was probably a period of great prosperity. You can tell by the little things, like the condition of the roads, the condition of the signs outside the shops. The signs are pretty extravagant, but there are paint chips and dirt if you look closely. If I lived here I’d go through this town with a mop and bucket, that’s for sure! It will only get worse if people keep ignoring it. Gnome villages may not look as ostentatious, but we’re cleaner and take pains with the little things, like a fresh coat of paint or fixing a broken hinge.

Enough about human sloppiness, though. We snuck back into town and into our rooms in time to meet with Innskip. I didn’t fill you in on what Innskip said, though it was pretty much the same as what the Geltman said. Nulb and Blaisingdell are like the opposite sides of a coin. Numb is all about freedom, do what you want, the individual over society. Nulb has a large town council, with vigorous discussion and almost fights over the town’s progress. Blaisingdell is about being organized, duty to others, and the society over the individual. Blaisingdell has a lord to which it owes fealty and there is little discussion over the future of the town, though it sounds like the lord is pretty aware of what is important. There has always been friendly rivalry between the towns, but with Nulb’s decline, there has been increasing acrimony over Blaisingdell’s continued success and Nulb’s decline. Nulb folk are jealous of Blaisingdell, because Blaisingdell hasn’t had to deal with the events around the Temple of Elemental Evil, and trade hasn’t suffered in Blaisingdell like it has in Nulb. Nulb also has ahd, and continues to have, incursions of monsters, but it appears their response to it has not been very organized. (I think people in Nulb are just looking for excuses, and I can tell Ord and Gimil feel the same way. Rattlin, well, he’s just trying to figure out if can turn this to his advantage. Typical.)

Innskip says that his master, Stark Thockwood, has been involved in trying to influence events to make Nulb a little more like Blaisingdell. There were, for a while, skirmishes between Blaisingdell and Nulb, and Nulb lost these so handily that it appears that they sort of started to see more along Blaisingdell’s thinking, but there is resentment still. Thockwood decided to marry his daughter, who is well liked here, to a prominent merchant’s son (Joris Kaboth is the merchant) in Blaisingdell. This is a good idea, but there is a part of town that reacted violently against it. These folks are angry with Noria, and deem her a traitor.

With our entrance into town, we brought in some dead residents of Nulb, a traitor to Nulb, and a reminder of Nulb’s inability to take care of it’s own.

We seemed to have really stepped in it.

Innskip will set up a meeting with Stark and ourselves, if we’d like, but it will have to be tonight.

I asked Innskip for some merchants we could trust. Gimil wanted to trade some weapons, look at armor and get his bear cloak made (he kept the bearskin for the bear, I wanted to buy some scrolls that would let us see invisible, and we needed to get our wagon fixed. Geltman may have already gotten that started, though.

First we went to Geltman, to see what had been going on with our wagon. He said, Bill the Mortician had taken care of the bodies and that our wagon was currently at Sariden the wheelwright’s. Wonderful! W e thanked him and went on to the next stop, Harold the Tanner.

Harold was very impressed by the size of the pelt. He said it was the biggest bearskin he had ever seen, and he’d get to work on it right away. Gimil paid him extra to hurry it up. Then we went to the Gimil and Ord toy store.

The metalsmith there was a man named Peller, and he, Gimil, and Ord got along like a house on fire. They talked weapons and armor and they shared what they had and it got all too dull for Rattlin and me. We had five swords and five crossbows from the bandit attacks we had foiled, so Rattlin and I went to bring it from the wheelwright’s. When we came back, Peller said that he made some of those weapons! We asked about that, and he said that a halfling named Kellum had bought thirty swords just like the ones we had taken off the bandits about 3 weeks ago!

The good news is that the sword and chain shirt that the leader of the bandits (Izbe) was wearing was stronger magic than anything we had! The long sword was too good for Peller to buy, but Ord was able to wear the chain shirt and be better protected! Yay!. He gave his other magical chain shirt to Gimil, so Gimil’s armor got better too.

Enry the Wizard was next, and I was able to get him to make a few scrolls with spell to see invisible on them. The potions we had found with Izbe were cure potions, and we had to pay through the nose to find that out. Wizards!

We’re about to leave with Innskip to go to Thockwood’s, to talk to him. We’ll eat dinner there, I think, and then act again as if we are going to stay in this nice room at the inn. Then we'll leave again, to avoid our assasin's further attempts on our lives. Besides, this town still isn't too sure about us, either...

More later, Diary!

Gez

First Post
Finally !

Thanks, Oghma. Posy's comeback is excellent news, we can never have too many gnomes on these boards !

Remove ads