• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

::pout:: No duelist?

Thasmodious

First Post
You could also do it with a fighter. Build with high dex, take light blade feats. I noticed reading through the mid and high level fighter powers last night that there would be a lot of options for those inclined to buckle the swash.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Rogue with a Rapier and the Fighter multi-class feat, and then take the Kensei paragon path (in the Fighter section).

Cheers, -- N

Blackbrrd

First Post
Thasmodious said:
You could also do it with a fighter. Build with high dex, take light blade feats. I noticed reading through the mid and high level fighter powers last night that there would be a lot of options for those inclined to buckle the swash.

The fighter powers uses strength, not dex. If you want powers that use dex, take the rogue. Multiclassing to rogue is also a possibility, but it doesn't really make sense.

DerekSTheRed

Explorer
Nifft said:
Rogue with a Rapier and the Fighter multi-class feat, and then take the Kensei paragon path (in the Fighter section).

Cheers, -- N

Couldn't you also take the Sword Master PP instead? I don't have the books soI don't know the difference between the 2 paths. Also, there are rules for bluffing/feinting in combat.

Derek

RandomCitizenX

First Post
Rogue with the fighter multiclass so you can pick up sword master (only problem is you need str to take advantage of swordmaster)

I would most likely take the artful dodger option and have Dex as most important while trying to split focus between Str and Cha

Celebrim

Legend
Would a rogue with a rapier be able to sneak attack with it?

Because from the builds I've seen, without the bonus damage from sneak attack, the rogue is fairly suboptimal as a striker compared to the Ranger.

Voss

First Post
Derek! I have your answer finally:

Yes. You can use Bluff as a standard action to gain combat advantage against the target in the following round.

drjones

Explorer
I agree with rogue/fighter->Kensei (that level 20 power kicks more ass than I could kick with three legs), also TWF Ranger mcd with Rogue would be nice if you want rapier/dagger style guy. The fluff of the powers might not fit as well though.

Remove ads