• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

power attack criticals?

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Grommilus said:
Just wondering what the official ruling on criticals while power attacking.. is the damage multiplied?

I thought the only damage not multiplied in a crit was damage in the form of extra dice (sneak attack, flaming, etc).

So, I allow the power attack damage to be multiplied.

FD

Grommilus

First Post
MUHA HAHAHAH i think i figured out how to get a level 16 character to deal more than 200 in one round, with normal, non magic, non funny material equipment!! =)

i love sultans of smack, so much more fun if you don't use magic at all.

Dr. Zoom

First Post
Check page 123 of the PH under Critical Hits. It says you roll your damage more than once with all the usual modifiers. The only thing you don't roll more than once is damage from extra dice like flaming weapons or sneak attacks. These are defined as exceptions to the rule.

Since damage from Power Attack does not result from extra dice, it does not qualify for the exception to the rule, so you include it in each roll for damage in your critical. That is the official method.

Grommilus

First Post
i realise how to officially do it, i was just curious as to wether the sage or somebody official had clarified it, cause it seems kinda fishy that i can do plus 60 to damage at level 15 when my scythe crits =)

Grom

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads