PPvsPP:Maze of Fear

industrygothica

Adventurer
Zachar dodges the goliath's hammer, and counters with a hearty swing of his greatsword.

[sblock=All] Attack Eglath (34 vs. AC; 17 damage if it hits)[/sblock]

[sblock=Ata, Cabana]My AC is 37 as far as Eglath is concerned, at least for the moment.

Bond of Retribution against Eglath 1d20+24=33, 1d20+24=34 (use highest roll); 1d10+13=17 damage if 34 vs. AC hits.

Cabana, send me an email with your comments and questions and stuff; I can actually check that one from work! ;) [/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Onyx' thunder Shakes Eglath, while the other Goliath is still unseen. [sblock=ren]you hit the minotaur, but it's still standing strong. You did lose 2 temp hp from Zachar's teleporting attack, which I probably forgot to mention.Oh, and you get an OA vs the minotaur.[/sblock] Eglath's sweep fails to connect with zachar, but instantly vanquishes the ghostly bear. Onyx seems to suffer some degree of pain in response.
Zachar, on the other hand, manages to land a blow on the sturdy goliat, which is starting to show signs of weakening after numerous attacks.
The minotaur is seemingly tired of swinging at the void darkness, and mooing enraged, blindly charges out of the enclosed space, jumps on the deva, failing to impale him with its horns.

Initiative and status, round 8:
28-Onyx -13[sblock=expended]thunder crash[/sblock]
21-Karrak HP:12t [sblock=expended]Wellspring of renewal[/sblock]
17-Eglath HP:-84 AP:1, bloodied, regen 5, +2 for and will, 5DR, target of Oath on enmity [sblock=expended]1 potion of regeneration, Form of the charging boar[/sblock]
17-Zachar 5t, marked by Eglath[sblock=expended]splinter formation[/sblock]
16-Minotaur HP:-132

[sblock=map renau & red] mazeoffearmap1.png[/sblock]
[sblock=map cabana & ig]mazeoffearmap2.jpg[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Onyx' flight ends at the ceiling, in a convenient corner to see his multiple adversaries.

As Eglath' attack passes through the area where Ghost Bear once was, Ghost Bear blinks before Eglath.
I didn't say you could use my life force to jump out of harms way Ghost Bear! You ought not attempt harming my ancestor spirit giant, he is too fast for you!

In retaliation a low vibration begins in Onyx, he pulses with a low glow building power through his totem and hands. Feeling with his mind, probing, slithering into the consciousness of the Goliath. Feeling the spark of intelligence, Onyx begins crushing the sentience within.

Only to be rebuffed by the Iron Shod mental defenses of Eglath! An impenetrable wall of stone surrounded the giant's mind, immune to the mental grip of Onyx.

Channelling deep into his ancestral reserves, feeling the clarity bequeathed by their endless knowledge. Onyx Simply Erode The Stone. Onyx understood at once.

Feeling the arcane energy build into his hands, and then unleashing that energy through the serpentine link from his mind to Eglath's, mental acid chews through stone, and Onyx seizes onto Eglath's mind, constricting until Eglath is immobilized.

Onyx lashes out with his mind at any consciousness other than Zachar that comes too close to his prey. Specifically looking for any possible threat.

[sblock=public]
Onyx shifts to K7, K8, J7, J8, (alt 10/10).

Spirit companion called to square N8

Attack 37 vs will on Eglath for 31 psychic/acid damage, if this hits, Eglath is immobilized and any enemy that enters a square adjacent to Eglath takes 5 psychic damage.

If 37 doesn't hit Eglath's will:.-(, I will retcon this to play in his favor.:D

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ata, IG, spectators]

Move shift K7, K8, J7, J8, (alt 10/10).

Free action call spirit companion in square N8.

Free action Gloves of Eldritch Admixture, expend 2 charges, next attack deals extra 2d6 acid damage

Standard Serpent's Rebuke on Eglath 26 vs will for 31 psychic/acid damage

(I assume this misses, and so I'm using my reroll from the potion of clarity. If the attack doesn't miss, it would be nice to retain my reroll, but I understand if this is it...)

free action potion of clarity reroll of above d20 roll 37 vs will for 31 psychic/acid damage if this hits Eglath is immobilized and any enemy that enters a square adjacent to Eglath takes 5 psychic damage.

Minor active perception check 35

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Eglath growls in frustration and pain. Desperate for some breathing room, he uses his hammer to push the deva away. With the moment's respite, the Goliath's form seems to change yet again. Where once stood a tusked, bristle-coated humanoid now stands a living piece of the very rock. His wounds seem a little less severe, and his arms elongate, prepared to strike anyone approaching him.
[sblock=public] Mark Zachar and bear
Attack vs. Zachar, 31 vs. AC, 37 damage (half for a miss). On a hit slide Zachar to K8, on a miss slide him to L8.
Switch forms, and gain threatening reach.[/sblock]
[sblock=Ata] Minor: Mark all adjacent enemies
Standard: Form of Charging Bear Attack, hits AC 31 for 37 damage. Slide 2 on a hit, to K8, slide 1 to L8.
Minor Action: Form of the Stone Sentinel, losing the bonus to Fort and Will, as well as the DR, but regaining 38 hp. The real shame is doubling up the regen. Oh well.
Move--> Minor: Summit Advantage, giving him threatening Reach, in case Z decides to move closer again.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=Ata]Since I used Bond of Retribution last round and the Minotaur attacked me before my next turn, Eglath should have taken radiant damage[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=DM]
Karrak will continue to assault the minotaur from the relative safety of the shadows...

OOC -
*Please let me know if this kills the minotaur, I'll be using Swift Charge to attack Zachar if so
OA - OA Vs AC; Damage (1d20+23=29, 2d6+21=31) Hits AC 29 for 31 damage
Standard - Howling Strike vs Minotaur
Vs AC; Damage (1d20+23=36, 4d6+21=34) Hits AC 36 for 34 damage... hurry up and go down you big lug!

industrygothica

Adventurer
Zachar smiles at the welcomed challenge, and then gives a quick nod to Eglath just before he disappears from view.

Zachar reappears directly behind the goliath with his sword raised, and then quickly brings it down in a dramatic flare. The crash of lightning sounds next to Eglath, as the minotaur's hair stands on end.

[sblock=Public]Zachar disappears and then reappears in square O9. Attack 43 vs. AC, 14 damage.[/sblock]
[sblock=Ata, Cabana]Move action: Distracting Flare, move to O9.
Bond of Retribution (1d20+24=43, 1d20+24=36) 43 vs. AC; 1d10+13=14 damage.

The minotaur takes 2 lightning damage from the Tempest Whetstone (and probably should have last round, too).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
The minotaur, bleeding profusely from his wounds, swings madly in all directions, and hits Onyx up near the ceiling with a heavy blow.

ooc: Great RP so not much need for narrative. Also, no more separated maps, it's not necessary anymore, and it'll save time. IG, Eglath had 5 DR, so no radiant dmg. Hurray, the Minotaur's bloodied! But... :devil:

Initiative and status, round 8:
28-Onyx -44[sblock=expended]thunder crash[/sblock]
21-Karrak HP:12t [sblock=expended]Wellspring of renewal[/sblock]
17-Eglath HP:-91 AP:1, regen 5, target of Oath on enmity, immobilized TENT[sblock=expended]1 potion of regeneration, Form of the charging boar[/sblock]
17-Zachar HP:-13, marked by Eglath[sblock=expended]splinter formation[/sblock]
16-Minotaur HP:-185, bloodied

mazeoffearmap1.png

Remove ads