[PR] Dark Faerie Productions - vacancies

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
negative's on DFP

I did not mean to sound negative, merely cautious..

As I said there were mix ups and confussions when DFP changed from Merc to the current form.. and I got the sense (personally and professionally) that they were a little disorganized, as startup companies tend to be in the early stages.

If they have staff problems then they are like any other company in the publishing business.. or any business for that matter.

My comment was I wanted to wait and see how the first few products turned out before I would be jumping in..
However I may reapply as a play tester until then.

Last edited:

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
Winnowing

Thank you Robert for pointing out something that I hadn't realized I said..

When I was referring to the winnowing of smaller companies I truely meant the process in which the 'knee-jerk push out crap' sort of publishers who are not taking the time to write material which is balanced and truely useful or formulate a plan are being seperated from those who write balanced, well written and useful additions to the rules, or adventures, etc..

True, DFP does show a good amount of gumption in just doing what they are, and I do not fault them.. I guess my views come from being one of the few who was turning in work on time and felt left in a lurch during the re-organization from Merc Games..

I wish I had to capitol to invest in self publishing, or the staff and time to do it.. I respect anyone who tries to start up and publish when everyone insists on comparing most products to the resources WotC throws at their better products.

Your points remind me that maybe I am being a bit hard in a public forum on a group of people I enjoyed communicating with, and collaborating with in the beginning of a hard task.

Sorry if I sparked any ill will.

Last edited:

Remove ads