• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PrC] Warforged Technician

resistor

First Post
I made this PrC, because one of my PCs is really interested in working with House Cannith and the creation forges. I imagine them as being Cannith workers who maintain and repair the Warforged, and might even have been sent into the field during the Last War to help with Warforged maintenance.

I'm looking for any mechanical feedback. Does this sound balanced to you?

Requirements:
8 ranks in an applicable Craft skill (see ECS pp. 46)
Training under a House Cannith technician
Must use a Warforged repair kit to gain class abilities

BAB Fort Ref Will Special
+0 +0 +0 +2 Swift Repair, Technical Training
+1 +0 +0 +3 Major Repairs, Repair Light Damage
+2 +1 +1 +3 Resuscitation

Swift Repair (Ex) - For every level a character has in Warforged Technician, the time it takes for her to repair a Warforged with the Craft skill (pp. 46 in ECS) is reduced by 2 hours.

Technical Training (Ex) - The Warforged Technician is specially trained in Warforged-repair, and receives an insight bonus to applicable Craft checks equal to her Warforged Technician level.

Repair Light Damage (Sp) - The Warforged Technician can use Repair Light Damage as a spell-like ability once per day per level of Warforged Technician. Her effective caster level is her Warforged Technician level.

Major Repairs (Ex) - A Warforged Technician can perform major repairs on a Warforged, such as reattaching a severed limb or replacing damaged parts. Reattaching a limb requires a full day of work (unaffected by Swift Repair) and a DC 25 Craft check. Other major repairs should be adjucated by the DM.

Resuscitation (Su) - A Warforged Technician can, with significant effort, resuscitate a Warforged who has been reduced to -10 hitpoints so long as its body is intact. The process requires two days for each level of the Warforged, and requires 500gp per level of the Warforged in materials. The Technician must spend this time doing nothing but making the repairs. Each day, she makes a DC 25 + level of the Warforged Craft check. If she does not succeed one of these checks by the end of the last day of repairs, the repairs fail and the gold cost is lost. The same Technician may not try to resuscitate the Warforged again, but another Technician can with cumulative +2 to the DC for every Technician that has failed before. When resuscitated, the Warforged is returned to full hitpoints and functionality.

Anabstercorian

First Post
It seems balanced enough, actually. The difficult, expensive True Res made me nervous, but the cost in time alone is prohibitive enough that I'm not terribly worried.

Zephyrus

First Post
What inscentive asside from the recessitation ability encourages a Tech to go all 3 levels (other than the repair light damage ability). Also. perhaps reduce the requirements so that a 3rd level Artificer could do it, but otherwise would require a 5th level character.

resistor

First Post
Zephyrus said:
What inscentive asside from the recessitation ability encourages a Tech to go all 3 levels (other than the repair light damage ability)

Another use of Repair Light Damage per day, another two hours off repair times, and an additional +1 to applicable Craft checks?

jaker2003

Explorer
resistor said:
Resuscitation (Su) - A Warforged Technician can, with significant effort, resuscitate a Warforged who has been reduced to -10 hitpoints so long as its body is intact. The process requires two days for each level of the Warforged, and requires 500gp per level of the Warforged in materials. The Technician must spend this time doing nothing but making the repairs. Each day, she makes a DC 25 + level of the Warforged Craft check. If she does not succeed one of these checks by the end of the last day of repairs, the repairs fail and the gold cost is lost. The same Technician may not try to resuscitate the Warforged again, but another Technician can with cumulative +2 to the DC for every Technician that has failed before. When resuscitated, the Warforged is returned to full hitpoints and functionality.
A Warforged is a living being and suffers the same level loss as everyone else when ressurected, does this ability superceed that rule?

Remove ads