• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Pre-4e adventures ripe for conversion?

essenbee

First Post
mearls said:
Wow, that's really cool. Does Jim have any interest in pursuing more RPG writing, or has he moved on?
He owns Pivotal Games now, the computer games company. Their most recent release is "Conflict: Denied Ops".

Lord_Psathus

First Post
I'm going to put in some love for RHoD. Honestly, most of the monsters were things like 'Hobgoblin Bladebearers' and other units ripe for 4th edition's classless monster conversion. In fact, all the monsters wouldn't be too hard to convert because of the open-endedness of 4th edition monster design.

mearls

Hero
essenbee said:
He owns Pivotal Games now, the computer games company. Their most recent release is "Conflict: Denied Ops".

Cool! Well, if he ever has time for a break from producing hit computer games, he's always welcome back into the D&D writing fold.

arscott

First Post
I'm planning on trimming down Castle Amber and running it as an adventure where the PCs are transported to the castle of an Eladrin lord, ditching the Averoigne stuff.

Just the Spectral Dinner makes it worthwhile.

malraux

First Post
I've been kinda thinking about my 4e campaigns and I'm really excited about running an Eberron campaign once the CS gets released for 4e. Anyone have thoughts on the Eyes of the Lich Queen adventure fitting into the 4e mindset?

mearls said:
It all depends on how much arm twisting I have apply to Dungeon's editor, Chris Youngs. Believe me, we're very much aware of the number of people who would like to see 4e takes on classic adventures.
Would it help for us to get together some bribes?

B10 Night's Dark Terror is my favorite module campaign book. I've run variations of it I think 3 times with campaigns based in part on it. Those British modules have the most amazing cartography, elevations, and other visual aids. It's amazing even then that this thing was $10 for a whole campaign's worth of adventure, cardboard die-cut counters, fold out map with battlemat for the homestead on reverse.

I think an incredibly fun twist on B10 would to have a group of players play Sukiskyn clanmembers as the party and have it be about them figuring out why their homestead has been targeted. In 4e I'd make Pyotr, the clanhead, a Warlord, daughter Irina of course is already a cleric, son Matvey is clearly a rogue in training, some of the others listed a fighters in BECMI could be that or rangers. You could easily have other inhabitants there are supposed to be dead when the traditional party arrives be alive and be PCs of any appropriate class. What fun instead of a band of mercenaries to have a group of clanmembers out for revenge, rescue, to solve the mystery of their siege, etc!

blizack

First Post
The UK modules would certainly be among the ones I'd like to see converted. I'll throw in another vote for Night's Dark Terror, but let's not forget When A Star Falls, either. Truly a unique set-up for an adventure scenario. Was I the only one who liked Ravager of Time, too?

Right now I'm reading Dragon Mountain for 4e inspiration. Um... it'll take quite a bit of work.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads