Pre-Order DLC comes to D&D with Xanathar's Guide to Everything

Anyone who plays videos games knows pre-order bonuses for those willing to pay in advance of product launch. WotC's official toolset, D&D Beyond, is adopting this practice with 16 bonus feats exclusive to those who pre-order Xanathar's Guide to Everything on D&D Beyond.

Anyone who plays videos games knows pre-order bonuses for those willing to pay in advance of product launch. WotC's official toolset, D&D Beyond, is adopting this practice with 16 bonus feats exclusive to those who pre-order Xanathar's Guide to Everything on D&D Beyond.

Here's what they're offering:

We're excited to announce the bonuses you will receive for pre-ordering Xanathar's Guide to Everything on D&D Beyond:
[h=4]Expanded Racial Feats[/h]You'll get access to 16 new racial feats for all the races available on D&D Beyond outside the Player's Handbook - from the aaracokra to the yuan-ti pureblood. Created by the D&D Beyond team, these feats can be used in your home games or as inspiration for your own upcoming homebrew racial feats.
[h=4]Digital Character Sheet Customization[/h]Get access to new digital character sheet image backgrounds and portrait frame options from artwork in Xanathar's Guide to Everything.
[h=4]Alpha Access to the D&D Beyond Mobile App[/h]Get early alpha access to the D&D Beyond mobile app release later this year, which will include compendium/reader offline access for all the sources you've unlocked on D&D Beyond. Be among the first to help us test an exciting part of D&D Beyond's future!

The book comes out on 10th November, 2017.
[h=3][/h]

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
The feats were "Created by the D&D Beyond team."

I'm surprised WotC signed off on this (and if they didn't, they should really nip it in the bud). This has the potential to cause a lot of confusion and potential arguments about what is and isn't official material.

This can only be bad for the game.

It's basically just third party crap.

I don't think people will be wanting the Critical Role Campaign Guide to be AL legal or consider it core, and this is basically the same thing.

Xaelvaen

Stuck in the 90s
Since I'm going to be getting the guide on DnD Beyond anyway, interesting. If the feats aren't official, no big deal - always nice to get new homebrew content to play around with, and that's basically how I'll treat it. If it is official content, I'm sure Wizards has already reviewed the information and will let people know one way or the other.

No point getting bent out of shape when all it takes is a DM with any chops whatsoever to make sure his players can distinguish the two. I, for one, am quite excited by this. Besides, it's my guess that if the content is in any way successful, it'll show up in the DM's guild so it's not 'exclusive' to DnD Beyond.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSwartz

Explorer
Don't get me wrong, I'm actually finding DDB really helpful. But. Somewhere in this news, I think there's an "I told you so"...

Xaelvaen

Stuck in the 90s
Wow. That sure makes it worth paying for the same content a third time.

I wish people would finally realize that it's not available in multiple forms with the expectations of the same person buying it multiple times. It's there to give -options- so that more overall people can purchase the content, in a way that works best for them. Don't like the format, don't sweat the details.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads