• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Predictive texting...

arjhay

First Post
Galethorn said:
I've got mine turned on.

[tangent]I send texts when I want to send a message to somebody who is, at the moment, probably working or in class, and don't know if I'll then be in class or not when they try to call me back. I hate playing phone tag. Furthermore, I've got a loooong bus ride coming to and going from school, and I've usually got more than enough time to send off texts.[/tangent]

I've had some very funny experiences with the predictive software...for instance, "Holland!" is now an inside joke between me and my hapless friend who tried to type 'hello,' and missed one key. As well, it seems there's a distinct conflict between two fairly common four-letter words; 'Good' and 'Home,' which can be irritating.

me as well, I texted someone: Are you "home" now? then it gave me "good" lol
I just pressed the next button in cases like that then it instanly gives me the word I need.

Galethorn said:
I've got mine turned on.

[tangent]I send texts when I want to send a message to somebody who is, at the moment, probably working or in class, and don't know if I'll then be in class or not when they try to call me back. I hate playing phone tag. Furthermore, I've got a loooong bus ride coming to and going from school, and I've usually got more than enough time to send off texts.[/tangent]

I've had some very funny experiences with the predictive software...for instance, "Holland!" is now an inside joke between me and my hapless friend who tried to type 'hello,' and missed one key. As well, it seems there's a distinct conflict between two fairly common four-letter words; 'Good' and 'Home,' which can be irritating.

Adding one letter too many to a word can also result in humourous consequences. When we were dating I sent my wife an SMS and told her I "glove" you too. Somehow the 'g' snuck itself in there! My wife thought that I teasing her for something that she had misspelled in her message (I'm a grammar and spelling nazi :) ).

Olaf the Stout

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
RangerWickett said:
Talking is faster than typing. The only reason I'd want to text message would be anonymity.

it's extremely useful for getting a message to someone when a conversation isn't appropriate or desired. It's also a very low-key unintrusive way of contacting someone; they can reply at their leisure.

dragonhead said:
my phone on the one time that i txt predicted sex when i was typing sound. words that you want predicted arnt in there usually.

Sure it did! ;)

"It wasn't me honey, the phone did it! It has a mind of its own." :)

Olaf the Stout

arjhay

First Post
I think most phones nowadays has this T9 feature. I remember texting my uncle brother about a gathering instead of keying in 4284433777444664 in the standard mode I just keyed in 428437464 in the T9 mode. It is much more convenient.

arjhay

First Post
Infernal Teddy said:
I can't stand T9. I'm quicker if I type everything normally...

Maybe it's because you got use to it, it's everybody's personal choice on whichever feature is convenient to them. T9 is great once you get to know how does it works. In tapping out words you just have to ignore what it displays until your are done with it. You can send out messages in lesser time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads