Pregnancy and newborns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

delph

Explorer
Hi, my playgroup got new situation. One our party member is pregnant... So my question is - how usual is it in yours play, how did you deal with it.

we are playing DnD 5, and She is Wild Sorcerer, so she can't cast, because mutating is in game... especially in crit fails.

EDIT:
I corrected title

I'm not in real need of advice, just curious about it.
We (players) are 5+GM, all of us 30+, 4 have own family, fun fact - pregnant is that one without family in real life.
We are in a really magic world (Sword Coast - Waterdeep), so when I can get pregnant (natural or magic) we can do abortion same "easy way"

Last edited:

delph

Explorer
It's good to say, She have magic quickened pregnancy. 1 days - 1 month. So She Is disabled for 5 days from now. And we are in town based campaign (Dragon Heist)

ccs

41st lv DM
Extremely uncommon. As in I've only seen it 3 times, & all in this century.

CapnZapp

Legend
If those five in-game days translates to being restricted no more than a couple of combats, and the player is generally onboard with the character's pregnancy, I see no problems here.

I have no practical suggestions however. What works for one group won't work for another.

If nothing else, try as little rules modifications as possible - remember, you've already shut down the character's spellcasting.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
In all my years playing, I remember exactly one pc whose npc spouse was pregnant, while he went on saving the world. Never have a pc themselves been pregnant.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
It's been a while, but one long-running AD&D 2ed campaign had a number of pregnancies over the decade it ran. It also featured a stable of characters so that temporarily retiring one to RP-only was fine, strongholds and other homebases with hours of meaty RP around them, and a decent amount of downtime.

delph

Explorer
Did the player choose this situation, or was it handed to them by the DM?
dice choose - player was in making love with her lover (also magic user - wizard) and some magic drugs... And DM hit a dice - rolled 1, so he made her pregnant with magic quickening...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads