• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Preparing AGoT campaign.(Troy the city that never fell.)

DuncanOToole

First Post
Second Priamite rule

But it's not what you think. I've been having this idea kicking around in my head.
What if what transpired in the Illiad was generally true, except maybe all those divine interventions. But then what if something happened in the Achilles and Hektor battle, and Achilles lost by tripping or merely surrendered?
What if for thousands of years (I honestly don't have a good excuse for this one yet.) Troy became a shining beacon of light upon the civilisation, and Rome would never rise due to the found Aenas staying home in Dardania?
Now this is where the campaign starts, men from all over the world can be found in the capital of Troy, a grand metropolis the likes have never seen.
But enemies are on the rise. Sparta have survived as well and have finally conquered their enemies, Athens breaks and now Hellas is under a spartan dictator's rule.
A desert people from deeper in the land, the Achids are amassing an army and soon Troy must fall. Unless the heroes prevent it.
Now I'm taking a lot of thing from the Agot RPG, I've decided the bloodriders could be used as Mongolians or even the Achids. The Night's watch ranger is a secret organisation kinda like troy's secret agents.
Godsworn is pretty easy. Kingsguard are called in game - Priamite Guardians, and they're trained at a special school. I can't use water dancer... (maybe) or the Night watch steward.

I do have a problem. Due to this being with the AGoT I've been thinking about creating a few noble houses which inhabit the land of Troy during the second Priamite rule(All of them claim sharing blood with a child of Priam, old king of legend.):

Hekto- the biggest noble house, proud, fiercely loyal and honourable. The current king of Troy is Astyanax VIII, they do not count from the time of the Illiad, but rather from the time when the Priamites returned to Troy’s throne.(From the blood line of Hektor.)

Cassandrins - The smallest of noble houses, but also the most mysterious. Oddly enough it is the only noble house where women rule over the men.(Blood line of Cassandra.)

Agathon - A noble house seemingly ruthless compared to the others, they are also very rich. It is rumoured they want the Apollon throne themselves.(Blood line of Agathon.)

Pari – The thinking noble man’s house, they produce a lot fo scholars and respect and search for knowledge much more than the others. They are also very charismatic many of them and beautiful.(Paris’ bloodline and Helen.)

Dorus – Last Priamite noble house, usually silent and very loyal to house Hekto. They have a large family and lots of them are involved within the army and city guard of Troy.(From the bloodline of Polydorus, Priam’s youngest son.)

There are also non-Priamite noblehouses:

Aenis – An elusive noble house, they do not live in the city, but further north in their own keep. Some even doubt their loyalty to the Priamite rule. (They say they are Aeneas’ descendants.)

Achillan – A powerful warrior institution, not really a noble house, though the prime leaders of it claim they can trace their blood back to Achilles. Mercenaries really, and are at the current moment hired by Astyanax VIII.(Descendants of Achilles (?) )

Do Note these are quick thoughts on the matter. Now I do have some problems. I wouldn't be hard to assign or probably create appropiate house feats to the different Noble houses, but I've run into the conumdrum what if the PC's chooses to be a china man or a mongolian or viking, if that's what they want I'll allow it. They don't have to take the house feats, but they are kinda fancy. One solution I have is that they get a AGoT housefeat, an appropiate one, one of the existing or one i've created, based either on being a member of a Noble house of troy or their specific faith in a pagan or Hellenite god but not both. would that work?

DuncanOToole

First Post
Also I was thinking of adding some fantasy elements, allowing them to play tieflings, genasis or aasimaars.
Slightly tweaked though. Maybe.

andrew_kenrick

Community Supporter
I like the idea, but why fast forward it so far? I think keeping it set roughly in the ancient world would work really well too. As for other races, why not keep them more fitting - centaurs, satyrs, nymphs - or perhaps just the descendants of those mythical creatures?

And if you need any more ideas for Troy itself - there's a link to the Gates of Troy at the top of this page :)

Andrew

DuncanOToole

First Post
I could do that, but that would limit some of the armours and weapons in the AGoT right?
like no long swords and no platemails?

And as for the races, I was thinking at least that Genasis could be descendants of Titans and the aasimaars and tiefling, evil and good gods respectively.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads