Presenting the nominees for the 2009 ENnie Awards

Chgowiz

First Post
Congratulations to all of the participants.

I think it's worth noting that the founders of the RPG Bloggers Network worked very hard to get a lot of great blogs in front of the judges - the blogs that are nominated are worthy examples of all the great blogs out there.

It's also gratifying to see Swords & Wizardry nominated for "Best Free Game" - Matt at Mythmere Games and the community has done a lot of work to make it a very vibrant and welcoming community - a lot of love in that product and the various spin-offs it's given birth to.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
Thanks mate!

Do they post on ENworld? If so, is it public knowledge who they are? Or is there somewhere I can see they ENworld alias?

To my knowledge, all of the judges post, or have posted, at some time or another, on EN World. It is not my place to identify who is who, however (they can do that if they so choose), but they all have "ENnies Staff" user icons (as do some people who aren't judges, but are just ENnies Staff, like me!).

Some may have already posted in this very thread....

Crothian

First Post
Thanks mate!

Do they post on ENworld? If so, is it public knowledge who they are? Or is there somewhere I can see they ENworld alias?

Gertie is Xath
Kennon is the Universe
Jody is Rodrigo Istalindir
Jeramy is Master of the Game
Chris is well, me

:cool:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'm really excited; this list is serving as my shopping list model for the books I don't have. I'm looking forward to the awards this year.

Can anyone tell me more about Starblazer? what kind of a game is it?

Epidiah Ravachol

First Post
A great big thank you to all the judges and congratulations to all the other participants. I'm absolutely flabbergasted to see Trial & Terror on that list!

madwabbit

First Post
I'm really excited; this list is serving as my shopping list model for the books I don't have. I'm looking forward to the awards this year.

Can anyone tell me more about Starblazer? what kind of a game is it?
SBA comes to us from the fine folks at Cubicle 7. The setting is based on a extremely prolific (and slighty cheesy but still cool) U.K. space opera/sci-fi comic series that was very popular in the 80s; if you don't like the setting, you can easily re-skin it. The rules are based on SotC's FATE 3.0 (with some notable differences, namely 1d6 minus 1d6 vs. 4dF). It's slightly thicker than the Central London telephone directory, but all of it is packed with the awesome (edited by G.M. Skarka, layout by Fred Hicks).

I've yet to play it, but I love it dearly. :)

P

PaulofCthulhu

Somone's commented elsewhere that BattleTech: The Corps (under "Regalia") is a reprint from 2006. If so, does this mean the ENnies will accept other reprints/re-issues in the future (just wanted to check)! :)

Remove ads