Release Press Releases & Kickstarter Announcements

I get a lot of emails every day from folks asking me to promote their Kickstarter. I think that's awesome. The sheer amount of industry and creativity in this little niche corner of our hobby is inspiring, and if I could write about every single one, I would. As it is, I can't even keep up with the emails, and I'm sure there are a thousand people out there who think I'm rude for not replying - and I'm so sorry. So I've been trying to think of a way to help those folks, and I think I have one. There's been a Publisher Forum here on EN World for years; I'm making use of that forum to feed those press releases, announcements, and Kickstarters here on the news page - you can see that output over on the right. If you have an announcement, post it there, and it'll show up here. It's the quickest and best way to get your PR or Kickstarter up on the news page here, and hopefully circumvents that horrible email logjam! But, please, don't shoot and leave; if you post something, be ready to answer questions! (Picture is my actual inbox right now).

I get a lot of emails every day from folks asking me to promote their Kickstarter. I think that's awesome. The sheer amount of industry and creativity in this little niche corner of our hobby is inspiring, and if I could write about every single one, I would. As it is, I can't even keep up with the emails, and I'm sure there are a thousand people out there who think I'm rude for not replying - and I'm so sorry. So I've been trying to think of a way to help those folks, and I think I have one. There's been a Publisher Forum here on EN World for years; I'm making use of that forum to feed those press releases, announcements, and Kickstarters here on the news page - you can see that output over on the right. If you have an announcement, post it there, and it'll show up here. It's the quickest and best way to get your PR or Kickstarter up on the news page here, and hopefully circumvents that horrible email logjam! But, please, don't shoot and leave; if you post something, be ready to answer questions! (Picture is my actual inbox right now).

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
Thanks Morrus.
I think that will be very helpful and take a load off your plate!
I'm curious, how many hours a day do you spend doing all this stuff behind the scenes?

~Desh

Hey, this is really cool. I'm always browsing through DriveThru and Kickstarter for cool stuff. If I can come here and reference the best stuff from here, that's a big help.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Holy Crap, Russ. I sorta knew, but deep down had no idea it was that bad - you need a freakin' secretary! :)

Agamon

Adventurer
I certainly don't blame you for going this route, Russ. That sounds insane. I do fear the news page getting spammed with crappy KS announcements though.

Is there maybe a way to have these announcements pop up on the side of the main page without drowning out the real news?

Remove ads

Remove ads