• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prestige Class Advice for Fighter/Cleric

StealthyMark

First Post
Tonight, I'm starting with a new character in the Forgotten Realms. Probably at 3rd level, 32pt-buy. Allowed sources are PHB, DMG, PGTF, Complete Series.

I'm planning on a fighter/cleric type, either human or dwarf. Spiked Chain + Improved Trip. Never played or created one. Any advice for good prestige class(es)?

Alternatively, if the group lacks a full cleric, I'm going full cleric.

DanMcS

Explorer
StealthyMark said:
Tonight, I'm starting with a new character in the Forgotten Realms. Probably at 3rd level, 32pt-buy. Allowed sources are PHB, DMG, PGTF, Complete Series.

I'm planning on a fighter/cleric type, either human or dwarf. Spiked Chain + Improved Trip. Never played or created one. Any advice for good prestige class(es)?

Alternatively, if the group lacks a full cleric, I'm going full cleric.

Just go full cleric, you'll be fine. Clerics do well in melee as-is. You might take a level of fighter to represent a martial background, and get weapon & armor proficiencies and a bonus feat.

You'll need exotic weapon proficiency, combat expertise, and improved trip to pull this off, which is all your feats if you go fighter 1/cleric 2.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Warpriest from CD can give you some interesting abilities and boosts, but a Cleric is a decent fighter with the spell buffs they have.

rowport

First Post
If you are playing a Dwarf in the FR, I would suggest considering "Hammer of Moradin". I just started a (level 10+) campaign with one, and he is great fun. The class has several cool abilities, but mostly all screams dwarven. My version is a paladin, but fighter/cleric would also work very well for the prereqs.

Remove ads