• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prestige class focusning on Rays

I am playing a Elven Wizard who is going to concentrate on force and range touch spells. I was wondering if there was a prestige class based on maing rays better.

rgard

Adventurer
Shazman said:
The PrC you are looking for is the spellwarp sniper from Complete Scoundrel.

It's good. You don't lose any levels of spell casting, but you do need Sneak Attack +1d6 or Sudden Strike +1d6 to qualify. So there is some loss prior to taking the prc.

Thanks,
Rich

Jackmojo

First Post
Maine-iac! said:
having sneak attack wouldn't be all that bad anyway.

Grab a level of Spell theif and the Master Spellthief feat and then use the rays to do Damage and steal spell slots from enemies :cool: its like being a repeating rifle for rays.

Jack

BadMojo

First Post
You might want to check out the Magelord PRC from "Lost Empires of Faerun". It's another Sneak Attack + spellcasting class.

Darklone

I'd go Scout instead of rogue. It's easier to apply skirmish extra damage, you'll have more hitpoints and most mages use only standard actions anyhow... thus they can still move.

Felon

First Post
BadMojo said:
You might want to check out the Magelord PRC from "Lost Empires of Faerun". It's another Sneak Attack + spellcasting class.

The entry requirements are rather high though. 5th-level spells and Evasion IIRC. And the OP is looking for ray-oriented PrC's, not necessarily sneak-attackers.

The spellwarp ability of the spellwarp snipers is really what makes it ideal for such a concept.

EyeontheMountain

First Post
Darklone said:
I'd go Scout instead of rogue. It's easier to apply skirmish extra damage, you'll have more hitpoints and most mages use only standard actions anyhow... thus they can still move.

The problem being that Spellwarp Sniper does not accept Skirmish as a requirement.

Remove ads