• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prestige class focusning on Rays

Caliban

Rules Monkey
DevlinStormweaver said:
I am playing a Elven Wizard who is going to concentrate on force and range touch spells. I was wondering if there was a prestige class based on maing rays better.

You might want to look at Argent Savant from Complete Arcane. It focuses on making Force spells better, and there are a few force ranged touch spells (blast of force, force orb). It also makes spells like Magic Missile, mage armor, shield, and Mord's Sword better, plus giving you some nifty benefits.

Particle_Man

Explorer
TheGogmagog said:
What/where is Master Spellthief feat?

Also Complete Soundrel. You stack levels for purpose of steal spells ability and for arcane casting. You also can cast all arcane spells in light armor, no penalty. Damn that's good!

Thus you can do Spell Thief 1/Arcane Caster X/Spell Warp Sniper Y and have a full caster level, though you only get spell slot access at level X+Y. Oh, and X has to be at least 5.

Dross

Explorer
BadMojo said:
You might want to check out the Magelord PRC from "Lost Empires of Faerun". It's another Sneak Attack + spellcasting class.

I like this class, but entry is at ~11th level if memory serves. (Although that might not be an issue.)

wayne62682

First Post
Dross said:
I like this class, but entry is at ~11th level if memory serves. (Although that might not be an issue.)

It is, but the book's author claims that was a typo and it should require 4th level spells (or something to that effect, but no errata has been printed) since its a 10-level PrC.. not being able to get in until 11th means you can't finish it pre-Epic.

Felon

First Post
Particle_Man said:
Also Complete Soundrel. You stack levels for purpose of steal spells ability and for arcane casting. You also can cast all arcane spells in light armor, no penalty. Damn that's good!

Thus you can do Spell Thief 1/Arcane Caster X/Spell Warp Sniper Y and have a full caster level, though you only get spell slot access at level X+Y. Oh, and X has to be at least 5.

Couple things to underscore here. The levels stack for purpose of arcane caster level, not spell advancement (like Practiced Spellcaster). Also, the feat doesn't insulate the character multi-classing XP penalties.

But yeah, it's a nice feat. Might actually sway someone out there into trying out a spellthief.

Wish

First Post
I think spellthief is plenty of reason to try out spellthief. At least at higher levels, a spellthief can be just sickeningly effective. The big bad scary monster loses all the powers that made it bad and scary, and now it's just a big pile of xp? Sign me up.

Caliban said:
You might want to look at Argent Savant from Complete Arcane. It focuses on making Force spells better, and there are a few force ranged touch spells (blast of force, force orb). It also makes spells like Magic Missile, mage armor, shield, and Mord's Sword better, plus giving you some nifty benefits.
Had all reayd planned to go into this prestige class at some point. We are playing Shackled City so have to paln upto level 20.

Remove ads