Preview WFRP4's Career List! Plus The Apothecary!

Cubicle 7 has posted a preview of the careers available in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying 4th Edition! There are 8 classes of careers, each with 8 careers, each of which has 4 levels.

Cubicle 7 has posted a preview of the careers available in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying 4th Edition! There are 8 classes of careers, each with 8 careers, each of which has 4 levels.

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 20.52.34.png

So here are the careers, listed in their 8 classes:

• Academics: Apothecary, Engineer, Lawyer, Nun, Physician, Priest, Scholar, Wizard
  • Burghers: Agitator, Artisan, Beggar, Investigator, Merchant, Rat Catcher, Townsman, Watchman
  • Courtiers: Advisor, Artist, Duellist, Envoy, Noble, Servant, Spy, Warden
  • Peasants: Bailiff, Hedge Witch, Herbalist, Hunter, Miner, Mystic, Scout, Villager
  • Rangers: Bounty Hunter, Coachman, Entertainer, Flagellant, Messenger, Pedlar, Roadwarden, Witch Hunter
  • Riverfolk: Boatman, Huffer, Riverwoman, Riverwarden, Seaman, Smuggler, Stevedore, Wrecker
  • Rogues: Bawd, Charlatan, Fence, Grave Robber, Outlaw, Thief, Racketeer, Witch
  • Warriors: Cavalryman, Guard, Knight, Pit Fighter, Protagonist, Soldier, Troll Slayer, Warrior Priest

They also broke down the Peasant class's 8 careers to show the four career levels in each:

• Bailiff: Tax Collector, Bailiff, Reeve, Magistrate
  • Hedge Witch: Hedge Apprentice, Hedge Witch, Hedge Master, Hedgewise
  • Herbalist: Herb Gatherer, Herbalist, Herb Master, Herbwise
  • Hunter: Trapper, Hunter, Tracker, Huntsmaster
  • Miner: Prospector, Miner, Master Miner, Mine Foreman
  • Mystic: Fortune Teller, Mystic, Sage, Seer
  • Scout: Guide, Scout, Pathfinder, Explorer
  • Villager: Peasant, Villager, Councillor, Elder

Finally, they displayed the Apothecary career in more detail!

Read more here.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Looking good, I've never played a Warhammer RPG before (despite knowing a decent amount about the setting), this will be my on ramp for WFRP. Cant decide between a High Elf Wizard or a Human Warrior Priest of Sigmar for my first character.

Well... it's traditional that you don't *chose* your career. You may have dreams of being a warrior priest of sigmar, but you're a ratcatcher!

P.S. Ratcatchers are awesome.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Do we know how exactly the Brass->Silver->Gold path works? Anyway, this looks pretty cool!

I would say it has to do with the character path, look at the STAT BLOCK, the colors. Would not be surprised to find you have to spend points in those abilities to move on to get to the career you are looking at.

Staffan

Legend
Well... it's traditional that you don't *chose* your career. You may have dreams of being a warrior priest of sigmar, but you're a ratcatcher!

Traditionally, you chose your class (old school: Academic, Rogue, Ranger, Warrior) and then rolled for your actual career. You could also, within reason, switch to another career in the same class for one or two advances' worth of XP.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Traditionally, you chose your class (old school: Academic, Rogue, Ranger, Warrior) and then rolled for your actual career. You could also, within reason, switch to another career in the same class for one or two advances' worth of XP.

I think that was in 1e. In 2e you rolled twice, picked once. There was no "class" like this (that I can remember). This method was re-introduced in the career compendium - a book with... issues.

Staffan

Legend
I think that was in 1e. In 2e you rolled twice, picked once. There was no "class" like this (that I can remember). This method was re-introduced in the career compendium - a book with... issues.

Yeah, but we were talking about the traditional way of doing it, not that new-fangled Green Ronin stuff.

Counterpoint: Ratcatchers are really just conveyance vehicles for the awesomeness that is the Small but Vicious Dog.

But really, Ratcatchers are awesome, too; all those gloriously scuzzy beginning classes are what makes Warhammer what it is. The people that just want to start off as Troll Slayers are missing it.

Remove ads

Remove ads