PREVIEWING OF NEW MINIATURES

megamania

Community Supporter
Seems like they ( Both WoTC and Pathfinder) rarely preview their sets anymore.

Are they losing faith in their product?

Hard to prepay 350+ dollars when you have no idea what the set has or looks.

Thoughts?

pogre

Adventurer
That will lead to me to stop ordering figures until it is too late to get them.
Do you mean that by the time pictures of the miniatures are out on the net the sets are sold out?

Honestly just asking - I don't buy pre-painted.

megamania

Community Supporter
If you want the best rates (those I can afford) then the answer is yes. If you want the case promos they can "sell out" before reaching the release date.

pogre

Adventurer
If you want the best rates (those I can afford) then the answer is yes. If you want the case promos they can "sell out" before reaching the release date.
Well, I certainly would not drop that kind of money without a preview either. It does seem like an odd practice.

pukunui

Adventurer
Seems like they ( Both WoTC and Pathfinder) rarely preview their sets anymore.

Are they losing faith in their product?

Hard to prepay 350+ dollars when you have no idea what the set has or looks.

Thoughts?
I think it's more Wizkids than WotC or Paizo. That said, they do still post previews. They're just hard to find.

The Minis Gallery does a pretty good job of collecting all the previews.

megamania

Community Supporter
They posted a few more upcoming this weekend but the images are grainy. They are from the boxes and shot on an angle

megamania

Community Supporter
Maybe its the time of the year. I have heard nothing of future Pathfinder Battles sets for the remainder of 2019-2020. What is coming out after lengendary adventures. Anything?

Nebulous

Hero
I picked up some of the PF Battles Legendary Adventures. They're ok. The actual quality of the plastic seems much flimsier than the old WotC minis. They can snap now and bases come unglued, and anything mounted on a pole has a good chance of breaking off. I wish I had the painting talent of @pogre or access to a 3D printer. Making my own minis and terrain would be awesome.

pogre

Adventurer
I picked up some of the PF Battles Legendary Adventures. They're ok. The actual quality of the plastic seems much flimsier than the old WotC minis. They can snap now and bases come unglued, and anything mounted on a pole has a good chance of breaking off. I wish I had the painting talent of @pogre or access to a 3D printer. Making my own minis and terrain would be awesome.
Glad to have that information/review - that is a shame.

Thanks for the kind compliment.

Nebulous

Hero
For what it's worth, they DO look good. I just hate that if you handle them too rough you can crack something.

Advertisement