• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

PREVIEWING OF NEW MINIATURES

megamania

Community Supporter
Seems like they ( Both WoTC and Pathfinder) rarely preview their sets anymore.

Are they losing faith in their product?

Hard to prepay 350+ dollars when you have no idea what the set has or looks.

Thoughts?

pogre

Adventurer
That will lead to me to stop ordering figures until it is too late to get them.
Do you mean that by the time pictures of the miniatures are out on the net the sets are sold out?

Honestly just asking - I don't buy pre-painted.

megamania

Community Supporter
If you want the best rates (those I can afford) then the answer is yes. If you want the case promos they can "sell out" before reaching the release date.

pogre

Adventurer
If you want the best rates (those I can afford) then the answer is yes. If you want the case promos they can "sell out" before reaching the release date.
Well, I certainly would not drop that kind of money without a preview either. It does seem like an odd practice.

pukunui

Adventurer
Seems like they ( Both WoTC and Pathfinder) rarely preview their sets anymore.

Are they losing faith in their product?

Hard to prepay 350+ dollars when you have no idea what the set has or looks.

Thoughts?
I think it's more Wizkids than WotC or Paizo. That said, they do still post previews. They're just hard to find.

The Minis Gallery does a pretty good job of collecting all the previews.

megamania

Community Supporter
They posted a few more upcoming this weekend but the images are grainy. They are from the boxes and shot on an angle

Advertisement