D&D 5E Previews of Rime of the Frostmaiden

IGN has posted a preview of Rime of the Frostmaiden, including some preview pages (I've put one below). They will also be posting more previews tomorrow!

1599175812924.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, so about a while third of the book will be regional Gazeeter and 12 modules Level 4 and lower. That's a lot of Tier 1 content. It also looks a fair bit like the Essentials Kit in terms of organization, so that's cool.

Thanks to how 5E works, it would be dead simple to turn those quests into T2 or T3 quests on the fly (add more monsters, change em up etc).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I will have to look into that. Generally I dislike milestone leveling because it feels too arbitrary, but I have been using it for Avernus because that adventure is more linear.

I'd like a system that rewards player initiative and success without being focused on CR.

It's really a brilliant XP system: it maintains the objectivity and trackability of XP points, but incentevise engaged play over specific behavior (murder hoboing or massive theft in earlier editions).

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
It's really a brilliant XP system: it maintains the objectivity and trackability of XP points, but incentevise engaged play over specific behavior (murder hoboing or massive theft in earlier editions).

I'm not familiar with it, can you give a brief outline of how it works?

I do "pacing XP". Basically, how fast do I want the group to level up? Say it's once ever 5 session. Divide the amount of XP by 5, and voila! Faffing about, not much done session? Give less. Big session where major goal was accomplished? give more. I can't be bothered to do anything more complicated than that, I have better things to do with my time as a GM.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases