D&D 5E Previous Edition Material You Find Still Valuable for 5e

I regularly mine Volo's Guides for my Forgotten Realm campaign. They are a great resource for taverns, inns, and shops.

Some of those NPC's can't be trusted:

[sblock]
Erac_Cousin.jpg
[/sblock]

I'm thoroughly delighted that guy is only known as "Erac's cousin" rather than an actual name. I can only assume he was played by some guy who showed up to one session then never came back. Is that the origin of your screen name?

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I'm thoroughly delighted that guy is only known as "Erac's cousin" rather than an actual name. I can only assume he was played by some guy who showed up to one session then never came back.
According to legend, Ernie Gygax's character Erac died and his replacement character showed up to get the body (and continue playing) but never gave his name. The other players decided to call him Erac's Cousin. He kept playing and carried Erac's body around with him at all times in a portable hole. More info here: http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Erac's_Cousin

Is that the origin of your screen name?
Yes. EN World wouldn't allow an apostrophe and I screwed up the "S" user name somehow. So I ended up with a "Z."

Remove ads