• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Price for a special wand

Asmo

First Post
Here goes; I´m going to run Crypt of the Everflame for some old gaming buddies, and just skimming through the adventure gives me the feeling that it can be pretty though in places.
So I want to create a Wand of Cure Minor Wounds (up to 50 charges), but instead of healing 1 point it heals 1 d4, possibly adding the casters modifier.
Perhaps a little bit strong?
What would such an item cost?

Asmo

Guillaume

Julie and I miss her
Since you are posting in the Pathfinder forum, I'll assume that you are using the Pahtfinder rule set. In that case, you might notice that Cure Minor Wounds was removed from the game for two reasons. First, clerics have unlimited use of their 0-level spells per day. Keeping Cure Minor Wounds in that contexte would have rendered it overpowered for a 0-level spell. Second, the spell was replaced by the good cleric's ability to channel positive energy which heals all creatures in a 30-feet radius. If you still want to create a wand that cast healing at 1d4 instead of 1d8+1, you might think of reducing the price by half instead ? You might have to double check the magic item creation rules on that one though.

udalrich

First Post
Out of combat, there is not much difference between 2 actions to get 2d4 healing and one action to get 1d8+1. In combat, the second action is a notable penalty. Half the price of a cure light wounds sounds right, although I could see going to 1/3 the price if you expect them to be using it in combat.

pawsplay

Hero
Wands do not generally have idiosyncratic properties. What is the difference conceptually between this and a wand of cure light wounds?

Munktar

First Post
Should you not ask who will be making the wand...?

Not many priest have the create wand feat.

And the priest of abbadar might want to make it, but then again why would they make one for an adventurer who never pay any taxes...

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
My personal suggestion is just to give them the wand and not worry about the cost or which feats the maker was supposed to have.

Asmo

First Post
small spoiler:

Father Prasst has a wand of CLW with 22 charges which he sells for 300 gp. It´s mostly because of that I want to find something more suitable for the party.
Ah, maybe they will play smart and don´t need it, but I usually roll pretty good. Hmmm...

Asmo

Remove ads