• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Price for Amulet of Deadening

Maldor

First Post
brehobit said:
Oh, it's really bad. No in-combat healing is _nasty_. No in-combat healing when your hit points are halved is _really_ nasty. Frankly, it would be the rare PC that would wear if you gave it away for free. Sure, in the right combat it's really nice. But I'd bet almost every party would sell it rather than use it even at 20K. At 100K+ it would be sold in a heartbeat.

he is right a third to halve your HP gone no healing just to become a half-zombia i would sell it for 20K if i want to be undeadish i'll just become undead that way you can heal natruly and be healed by neg. energy.

if i was making the item it would give you the corpse templet out of BOVD take a remove curse to take off and cost about 30,000gp give or take 5k

Tyonisius

First Post
resistor said:
Your wish is my command!

Amulet of the Reaper's Bargain

The Amulet of the Reaper's Bargain appears to be an ankh made from intricately whittle and interlinked pieces of bone, and radiates extreme necromancy and evil, even when not worn. When worn, the wear gains the benefits of the Lich template, with the Amulet serving as the phylactery. In exchange for its services, the wearer must wash the Amulet in the blood of a freshly slain sentient being once every 24 hours. The soul of any being used for this purpose is consumed by the Amulet, and she cannot be resurrected by any conventional means. If the wearer fails to perform this duty, the Amulet will not function as a phylactery. Rather, the next time the wearer is slain, her soul will be absorbed in recompense, preventing all conventional forms of resurrection.

Wisdom: 18
Intelligence: 24
Charisma: 24
Alignment: Neutral Evil

For the artifact I would make a will save to have the slain soul resist being absorbed. Also, if it's not fed, instead of it waiting until the next time the wearer is slain the soul being absorbed, I would make it happen pretty much as soon as the time period to feed it ran out (I'd probably lengthen that to like... 3 days... maybe 2) and have the same will save be available to the wearer to just die instead of having it's soul absorbed.

Tyonisius

First Post
brehobit said:
Really? First of all I'd only double those after the first. So 90K. Secondly the disease part is mostly "flavor text". I mean when was the last time you saw a disease (not a curse) matter past level 5? An certainly not in a combat.

Oh, it's really bad. No in-combat healing is _nasty_. No in-combat healing when your hit points are halved is _really_ nasty. Frankly, it would be the rare PC that would wear if you gave it away for free. Sure, in the right combat it's really nice. But I'd bet almost every party would sell it rather than use it even at 20K. At 100K+ it would be sold in a heartbeat.

Mark

What type of action is removing an amulet? A standard... maybe a full? Or would it depend on what type of amulet and how it's attached? My reason for this question is, if you needed healing, even in combat, you can just remove the item. Though I do agree that no healing what-so-ever is a bit much and I'd probably just make it so that inflict spells heal as an undead.

brehobit

Explorer
Tyonisius said:
What type of action is removing an amulet? A standard... maybe a full? Or would it depend on what type of amulet and how it's attached? My reason for this question is, if you needed healing, even in combat, you can just remove the item. Though I do agree that no healing what-so-ever is a bit much and I'd probably just make it so that inflict spells heal as an undead.
I listed an assumed standard action to remove the item. If it's a swift or free action, the disadvantage is less, though still real.

I _like_ the no healing thing, it nicely balances out the item and makes it the kind of item I'd like to see in 4e: powerful but with a price.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads