D&D 5E Price Increase on D&D & MtG coming

Zardnaar

Legend
Great. But I'm responding to the price increases by saying "Get them on sale." You responded to me, saying folks don't like Amazon. My response to that is "It's pretty hard to get something for cheap, and do it ethically."

You can have one or the other, it's hard to get both in any industry.

My honest opinion of Amazon would violate the rules here. I haven't used them for 7 years iirc.

I might if I needed something and couldn't get it anywhere else.

Think I paid double for my Midgard books from the publisher.

Last edited:

Vaalingrade

Legend
Out of curiosity, why did "Diamond's monopoly" factor in to that decision?

(I completely understand your feelings about the "rapid acceleration (of) comic book price(s)")
Allegedly (In the 'We are required to say allegedly because the subject is a lawsuit demon that likes to hurt their PR attacking people who they think hurt their PR) a lot of indie comics are forced out of local comic shops by certain agreements they force upon said local comic shops limiting how much new stock can be... out of service plan, shall we say.

As someone with a lot of friends in the scene (both indie and Big Two), I can't bring myself to pay for my friends to be digested.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Allegedly (In the 'We are required to say allegedly because the subject is a lawsuit demon that likes to hurt their PR attacking people who they think hurt their PR) a lot of indie comics are forced out of local comic shops by certain agreements they force upon said local comic shops limiting how much new stock can be... out of service plan, shall we say.

As someone with a lot of friends in the scene (both indie and Big Two), I can't bring myself to pay for my friends to be digested.
I've owned a Comic store for nearly 28 years, and I have no idea what you are talking about. I have never had Diamond tell me what I can or can't carry through other channels.

Do you mean that they make the minimums difficult for self-publishers to hit (to be carried by Diamond)? (Because THAT I've heard about, but that's more a matter of Diamond wanting to carry books that will sell enough units to be worth their while - which they often don't get right.)

Look, I'm no Diamond fan (or at least I wasn't until DC started the Second Distribution War and I found that as much as I don't like Diamond, distributors can get a whole lot worse) but I'm not sure where you're coming from here.

Edit: Also... I assume that you are joking with the suggestion that Diamond would sue you for a message board post?

Vaalingrade

Legend
Do you mean that they make the minimums difficult for self-publishers to hit (to be carried by Diamond)? (Because THAT I've heard about, but that's more a matter of Diamond wanting to carry books that will sell enough units to be worth their while - which they often don't get right.)
Yes this.
Edit: Also... I assume that you are joking with the suggestion that Diamond would sue you for a message board post?
Only because I don't think anyone's told them about the internet yet.

I can understand the increasing of prices but I wouldn't advice too much because if they become too expensive then players could would rather titles by other publishers. This is not a monopoly and for a time Pathfinder was on the top.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I can understand the increasing of prices but I wouldn't advice too much because if they become too expensive then players could would rather titles by other publishers. This is not a monopoly and for a time Pathfinder was on the top.

We are far beyond those days now.

Pathfinder is a blip. Every other RPG is.

Remove ads