• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

price of a wish

Raspen

First Post
is thier a listed price on buying a wish spell cast on you?

if not what would you think it would cost rember its 9th lvl and takes 5000exp..

As per the Services section of the SRD, getting a 9th level spell costs 90 gp per the level of the caster... So, 1,530 gp for a 17th level cast (the minimum required to cast wish). Not including the XP component.

In general, 1 xp = 5 gp, so the XP component would cost 25,000 gp.

Also, spells that cost is 3,000 gp or more are "generally not available" whatever that means.

Later
silver

Aust Diamondew

First Post
Michael Silverbane said:
As per the Services section of the SRD, getting a 9th level spell costs 90 gp per the level of the caster... So, 1,530 gp for a 17th level cast (the minimum required to cast wish). Not including the XP component.

In general, 1 xp = 5 gp, so the XP component would cost 25,000 gp.

Also, spells that cost is 3,000 gp or more are "generally not available" whatever that means.

Later
silver
They're available in my D&D games if you can find a high enough level caster who knows the spell (very difficult) and can convince the caster that your request is worthy him spending 5000XP and that the task obviously isn't morally objectionable to the caster and that you can compensate him in a way he sees fit, usually money, magic item(s), land, daughter's hand in marriage or services or some combination there of.

That said the GP value is 26,350, as has been calculated.

Raspen

First Post
well as to what i need a wish for and where i have gone........

Opps dont ask but im turned permently into a girl and my guy dont like that to much...

To make matters worse my GM whats a bit of suffering on my part so only a wish/marcale

since im agnostic.. wish is my only real option.

im in waterdeep so Protectors guild it is.... my resquest will be handled within 10 days..

Just wondering what its going to cost me if he even lets it happen.

Polymorph Any object would fix this strictly by the book - and a limited wish to make the present state of affairs "undispellable" if necessary would be sufficient IMHO.

Something tells me I don't have the full story.

Raspen

First Post
ya dont have the full story is a fair way of putting it and its not something i would like to share becuse my group still hasnt had all thier fun at my expence on this one i dont need any more...

but i will say we have a rake in our party and its kinda his falt/doing and thats not good.

he said i could get a poly but said that he may or maynot punish me for it... and when i think about it i dont what trueseeing to show me as a girl.

Jhaelen

First Post
pawsplay said:
18th level wizards need XP more than cash.
well, I don't have any experience with 18th level wizards, but generally it's easier to replace xp than gold. I'd gladly cast wishes for cash :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads