• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Price/Packaging Info for PFB: Rise of the Runelords Miniatures

Alphastream

Adventurer
Isn't Dungeon Command a board game?
It's a minis skirmish game. You can read about it here or see both sets here.

There was an open playtest a while back via the D&D Community to help evolve the product. Since that time they've clarified that it includes a battlemat, minis based along a faction, and also cards so you can use them with the Ravenloft/Ashardalon/Drizzt board games.

We all have a favorite RPG/edition/whatever, but we all also like minis. How well one company does with a specific offering will in turn impact what others try. We all win in the end, and we win better/faster if companies find successful strategies. Dungeon Command is a potentially compelling strategy because it combines offerings to appeal to several demographics.

As I've said up above, I want to give my money to Paizo (or any RPG company) for great minis. An increase in price is potentially troubling, as it could be an indication of the core problems of blind packaging still being an issue under the Paizo model.

Remove ads