Primeval Thule Player's Companion just uploaded into backers' DTRPG libraries

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Or at least mine did.

New barbarian path, cleric domains, druid circles, paladin oath, rogue archetype, sorcerer origin, warlock patron options, narratives, spells, feats, bonds and stuff for all the narratives. Looks juicy.

It also states that since Thule has no dragons in the classic D&D sense, the dragon sorcerous origin is due to geniekind instead. Funky.

Last edited:

After reading through it, it's overall pretty good. The best options in here were the Warlock options and the Slayer barbarian. I thought the Rogue was designed fairly poorly in terms of mechanics. Removing sneak attack for the poison stuff, and then making it so you only learn certain formulas at certain levels, doesn't make much narrative sense, nor seems to be apart of 5E philosophy. Everything else was above par in terms of quality. I love the blade magic features, as well as the new narratives.

Fang Druid is actually very, very weak until they get their wild shape. Their wild shape is only a little bit better than Circle of the Moon. It's a good trade off.

Barbarian is on the strong side. It is better than Berserker IMO, but still not better than Totem Warrior. They are on the same plane. Totem Warrior's BEar Totem is pretty crazy, and the Slayer's level 14 ability is cool but not broken in anyway.

I love the slayer barbarian and Circle of the Fang druid, but I worry they might be a bit overpowered. Convince me otherwise, please. :eek:

The 6th level slayer ability is the only one I raise an eyebrow at. It probably shouldn't work on any and every "effect," and it should only apply when raging (IMO). It's so Conan-y, though, I'd be inclined to roll with it.

The Circle of the Fang druid is more balanced than Circle of the Moon. ;)

I think because this was written with the old OGL and not the new one that the 6th level ability has faulty wording. I think, if rewritten, it could be a lot better. Particulary, having something last an entire encounter is not a 5E mechanic. It should have been 1 minute.

Remove ads