• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Primeval Thule Player's Companion just uploaded into backers' DTRPG libraries

MagicSN

First Post
About the Character Options. At our table we liked most of them, with some exceptions:

- Circle of the Fang is very weak. Only at very high levels it gets interesting (levels where we usually start a new group),
while the elemental option of the Moon-Druid is MUCH stronger. The idea to make it possible for transformed druids to speak
is a very GOOD idea though (we had this effect that our groups Moon Druid was walking silent as Elemental for 2h game time
as it was his "last transform" and the group had no rest possibility, so he just stayed in transformation to be able to
tank in upcoming encounters... Circle of the Fang COULD fix such issues).
- The players at our table generally expressed an extreme DISLIKE of the Mark-Spells. Quote "Basically this is a Spell Slot
Tax, requiring me to cast it on all other melee characters every time, does not make me stronger, makes me have less spell
slots to make the other guy stronger". IMHO would be better as a selfbuff. Also they are I think too strong. Maybe make them
situative in a way they only keep passive for 10 minutes, not 24h? The lowlevel ones might need raising their level, as well...
Hmm, maybe making them Concentration could be a solution, also ?

Especially the new spells were VERY VERY liked (BTW: One of our GMs always had an issue with the spell Shield from PHB due to
making certain characters too invulnerable - he very very liked the Backbiter Shield opposed to that). The Seeking Serpent
and that Ice Fist thing also were extremely well liked. Especially in lower levels the Seeking Serpent helps the (in this area
low) Dmg of the Wizard quite some.

Remove ads